Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

If Council was smart (it is not), it'd get its act together to ensure that the reimagining of Yonge south of Bloor is complete by the time shovels are in the ground for this project but, alas...

I find it interesting that this is only 98 stories. 1 Yonge St (Tower 1), as proposed, is 121m shorter and 95 stories. Must be that architectural top, or just higher ceilings?

Not sure on your maths there. One Yonge (Tower 1) is 307m and 95 stories which would be 37m shorter not 121m.

Honestly, I liked Kingsett's proposal much better.

But it was rejected, they sold the site, and we will get this instead. I wonder if that makes the people who rejected Kingsett's proposal happy.

The earlier proposal wasn't 'rejected', KingSett got the offer from Cresford before it got that far.

will fill in nicely...
78779e0b-208d-4f17-b96d-afff48d809b7_zpsr0pb9agu.jpg

0664cd71-d216-44ab-a958-179f30fa1e3b_zpsmxqwmvpc.jpg

More practically, increasing the weight downtown voters in council through population increase is the only way to drive the transit agenda forward.

AoD

Downtown Toronto will be getting three more wards in two years, and the federal government is looking to fund 50% of shovel-ready infrastructure. Those are two major items in the pipeline that will definitely make transit progress easier.

I miss the Quadrangle design, to be honest. It sat better on the site and made for a better podium / public realm experience at grade.

Also, particularly unfortunate is the complete mishandling of its relationship to the heritage building at its base; it looks like they designed this thing without even looking once at the heritage element and then just slapped it on at the end. The lines and massing don't make sense.

Last edited:
Most people here would be walking south rather than jumping on a TTC. Building density at Yonge & Gerrard places less stress on the TTC than building at Yonge & Shepperd.

It's still added stress to an overstressed transit line. Many walk while many do not. I'm not saying we hault all proposals. Mainly just a rant about our transit system and how building 100 storey towers will just add insult to injury.

Being tall seems to be this buildings only redeeming feature. The podium is ugly, the design is banal, and, of course, it's blue-glass. The One has an interesting design, colour, and texture but this thing is McTower 101.

If you all thought The One was a fight, just wait until all the NIMBYs, members of city council, and Ryerson come out. This will be an all out war, the likes no one here has ever seen before.

Yep. The NIMBYS are going to have a field day with one. :(

The earlier proposal wasn't 'rejected', KingSett got the offer from Cresford before it got that far.
Don't you think partially due to the kind of response/opposition they received early on?

'rejected' was innaccurate word to use perhaps, but I think some of KingSett's opponents would have preferred KingSett's proposal over this one. This is taller than Aura!

Back