Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

August 25:

20240825_153329.jpg

20240825_162918.jpg

20240825_162911.jpg

Concord, for the final "crowning" phase of their development:
"Yeah, make it as generic and uninteresting as possible. Then tack a maple leaf pattern and balcony heaters on it and name it after Canada. That's iconic. Oh, by the way - don't forget to make the podium super generic too - offer nothing to the street and make the earlier phases look good by comparison."

It's wild that this project actually started years and years ago with some interesting urban design and architecture borne of a design competition... but alas, every year Concord sells out more, and cares about city-building less. And so this is the "Signature Tower" -- err, Canada House -- that we got.

Last edited by a moderator:
Concord, for the final "crowning" phase of their development:
"Yeah, make it as generic and uninteresting as possible. Then tack a maple leaf pattern and balcony heaters on it and name it after Canada. That's iconic. Oh, by the way - don't forget to make the podium super generic too - offer nothing to the street and make the earlier phases look good by comparison."

It's wild that this project actually started years and years ago with some interesting urban design and architecture borne of a design competition... but alas, every year Concord sells out more, and cares about city-building less. And so this is the "Signature Tower" -- err, Canada House -- that we got.
My god, can we leave this shit alone already? Christ, it's tiresome.

My god, can we leave this shit alone already? Christ, it's tiresome.
Always straight to the point remind me never to get on your nerves but I actually have started to like this project there is only so much that you can accomplish and get done and at the end of the day you have to build what is going to sell and judging by the fact that this project is nearing completion multiple hundred people liked the design we may not but that's not our place to say

...nah, we still can have our say. That's not up really up for dispute here...whether our say has any merit or substance is another thing. And there are some buildings long after they've been built and people have moved into are still deserving of a roasting they're begging for.

That said, it is generally agreed that these towers from where Concord stands are better than average...despite the imprinted butt slap motifs that are supposed to maple leaves they haven't gotten quite right. But at the end of the day, it is what is. Terrible, they're not. But never quite spectacular, out there or envelope pushing. /shrug

Back