Toronto College Park Revitalization with Barbara Ann Scott Skate Trail | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | RAW Design

And people. Once we are rid of the dogs and the people we will be able to have nice things.
Absolutely!
smiling-cat.jpg

Attachments

• smiling-cat.jpg
    smiling-cat.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 2,556
:rolleyes: Let's just say I lost all sympathy for dog owners last week when I almost stepped in dog poop... in the ground floor elevator lobby at ROCP 1.

:rolleyes: Let's just say I lost all sympathy for dog owners last week when I almost stepped in dog poop... in the ground floor elevator lobby at ROCP 1.

Come again? Have you lost all sympathy for all black people because you've encountered a couple of black thugs? There's a name for that. Stop generalizing. There are plenty of responsible dog owners.

C'mon, nothing says spring in this city like stepping outside into the first sunshiney warm day in April after a long cold winter and encountering the traditional mounds of melting, fly-infested dog poop smeared across this city's parks, sidewalks and school yards from one end to the other. Tonnes, probably.

Yeah, there are absolutely no irresponsible dog owners in THIS city.

I've heard very recently that the newly planned date of commencement on the Barbara Ann Scott Park revitalization is now scheduled for March 2016. Hope that timeline doesn't get bumped. Would love to start being able to use the new park sooner rather than later. It's looking more decrepit than ever these days.

Not sure if this is part of the park revitalization per se, but it looks like a re-paving of the walkway from the park to Bay St, if anyone can confirm?
IMG_0579.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0579.JPG
    IMG_0579.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,003
That section of the square is actually owned by 777 Bay and isn't part of Barbara Ann Scott Park, nor does it have anything to do with the revitalization. 777 Bay is currently undergoing some pretty intense modernization inside and out.

The revitalization for this park is finally set to begin within the upcoming weeks.
Yes: This in Kristyn Wong-Tam's latest nwesletter:

Construction on the multi-million dollar revitalization of College Park is set to commence over the next few weeks! Beginning in 2012, the redesign process involved several community consultations and stakeholder meetings, including complex land negotiations with the abutting property owners, finally concluded this year. The final design concept for the park can be seen here. Though it has been a drawn out legal and technical process, we are very excited to see work finally begin on this signature downtown park.

what do they mean by "demolition of the existing park"... are they going to clear EVERYTHING? How big is the footprint of the parking garage underneath that requires waterproofing work? I assumed that there was just a laneway headed straight to College Park / 777 Bay.

What a shame if they have to rip out every single tree... That would mean this park will never have mature trees, as they would have to be replanted anew everytime the garage needs new waterproofing.

what do they mean by "demolition of the existing park"... are they going to clear EVERYTHING? How big is the footprint of the parking garage underneath that requires waterproofing work? I assumed that there was just a laneway headed straight to College Park / 777 Bay.

What a shame if they have to rip out every single tree... That would mean this park will never have mature trees, as they would have to be replanted anew everytime the garage needs new waterproofing.

A large part of this park actually forms the roof of the parking garage and the shipping/receiving facilities for College Park.

Great to see. Also shows what a state of disrepair this park has sadly been in for so long. I've been wondering whether, once it's spruced up, the Shady Characters are still going to use it as a haunt. It can be sketchy in there at times.

Right now it looks like a place I'd stumble upon while playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Back