Toronto College Park Revitalization with Barbara Ann Scott Skate Trail | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | RAW Design

I agree the current proposals look overdesigned. Too much, and too many types, of hard surfaces in complex shapes which will all look shabby quite quickly. This is not what makes or attracts people to a great city park. With so much concrete already around, the feeling of an 'urban oasis' - as desired by the respondents - is best created by maximizing plantings in a simple design that unifies, rather than divides, the entire space.
Sherbourne 1.jpg
Park 1.jpg

Attachments

• Sherbourne 1.jpg
    Sherbourne 1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,227
  • Park 1.jpg
    Park 1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,265
Not sure if this project is part of this meeting

College Park Revitalization: Public Open House
Date: Thursday, April 23, 2013
Time: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.

Xray:

Sherbourne Park is a bad model for CP revitalization in any case - the budget is like what, 10 if not 20x larger. What I fear is that 2M is barely sufficient to clear the existing site.

AoD

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 2H4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 164550 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: May 8, 2013

Project: Other Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish existing fountain/ice rink and change rooms/storage building in existing city park "Barbara Ann Scott Parkette" Convienience Address is 420 Yonge St.

I will miss that mosquito breeding pond, as poorly maintained as it appears here. People are drawn to water, as many parks as possible should have some sort of water feature.

Totally agree with that, but to your point about the mosquitos, they have to keep the water moving! Still water is no good in that regard…

FYI KWT's twitter mentioned the park has moved to the detailed design phase. Does anyone has an update of what the final vision of the park is?

AoD

Less programmed than the initial reworked version, but I'm not entirely sure what has been cut out… other than a rink.

So where do we build a new rink in honour of Ms. Scott? Surely without a rink, this park's name should revert to simply College Park.

Back