Toronto Clear Spirit | 131.36m | 40s | Cityscape | a—A

A reminder of the site plan (Clear Spirits is in the centre).

Fantastic! I searched for a site plan twice in the past few months and couldn't find one anywhere. Thanks!

Here's the collection of shots:

The first image shows the entire site looking south east. The building in the foreground on the pointy podium is Pure Spirits which is now close to being finished. The tallest building in the centre is Clear Spirits. The third building on the left is Gooderham which will be next to Cherry Street. (There is absolutely zero signs of any kind of site work for both Clear Spirits and Gooderham).

The second image is looking northwest. Clear Spirits on the left, Gooderham on the right. (In case you're wondering, this is a 2nd model of just those two buildings that they had made up). *Note the twisted tophat roofs on both.

The third image is looking south east.

The fourth image is looking directly south.

July22

IMG_july-22-09-0026.jpg

IMG_july-22-09-0028.jpg

I like they hid the garage from view as this wasn't up when I was last out there.
IMG_july-22-09-0030.jpg

IMG_july-22-09-0032.jpg

IMG_july-22-09-0036.jpg

IMG_july-22-09-0037.jpg

IMG_july-22-09-0038.jpg

In your third picture, of the frosted glass covering the parking level, is that aluminium band really crooked like that, or is the photo stitched? If it is crooked it looks awful. I get that there's an elevation change because of the floor slab in the parking garage, but there are ways to hide things like that so that they look half decent from the ground.

...and it's meant to be there, a conscious effort to give some detail to that element of the structure. It's definitely in the eye of the beholder whether it looks good or not, because I think it looks like a clever little twist.

That is where the ramp change levels and one of only a few I like been done this way.

August 2 2009 update

Rackhouse 'M' ... no more ~

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

August 2 2009

Finding myself enjoying the view of Pure Spirit on this fabulous day ~ :)

IMG_1381.jpg

Next Up ... Rackhouse 'G' and 'J' are to be gutted (seen in the background above) ... but thankfully the elevations are to be preserved and incorporated into the podium of Gooderham (phase 3)

MODs ... seeing that the 40 storeys Clear Spirit (phase 2) and the 35 storeys Gooderham (phase 3) are likely going to be built together, is it possible to rename threads to combine phases 2+3 as one while keeping Pure Spirit (phase 1) separate ... it may make posting on this project easier in the future ?

Thanks ! :)

This was posted on City website over the weekend, for Gooderham and/or Clear Spirits. (I agree merging threads would be useful.)

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 09 152499 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jul 31, 2009

Project: Multiple Unit Building Other(BA)

Description: Shoring and Excavation Permit. See 06-198064 ( Proposed development with ; one highrise towers (40 & -storey) with 330 dwelling units & two levels of underground parking.) See OMB. Proposal differs from PPR. Note New Building Permit has not been created. Peter Au/Marcus Aregawi familiar. Examiner to verify fee.

Back