Toronto Cinema Tower | 142.64m | 43s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

Click for full size

All east shoring is in place and moving along the north end now.

I don't understand how this is under construction - it's still in the registration phase, I thought we didn't do this sort of thing in Toronto! I know pinnacle center did for one of the buildings - and it was put on hold!

Maybe they are doing some soil examination.
Unless they have some really innovative or blockbuster of a development, in this slowing market I'd doubt that they will fulfill their goals.

Looks like the site takes up some Adelaide Street frontage, I hope this will be a nice building.

Last edited:
Maybe they are doing some soil examination.
Unless they have some really innovative or blockbuster of a development, in this slowing market I'd doubt that they will fulfill their goals.

Right, that's what I thought at first but the sign says they're already under construction.

Seems like condos (no matter what design or quality) being sold in this entertainment district are selling like hotcakes.:confused:

I dunno, I don't think so - while I hate to say this, UD post above does make some sense ... it's pretty aggressive though - I think we can rest assured this development does not have anywhere near 70% yet - it's still in registration!

They are doing the same with Limelight in MCC....

Daniels has done, at least, two condo-townhouse projects in the burbs on 100% spec basis. Targeted at first time homebuyers they do not even put these projects "FirstHome" on sale until the buildings are 100% complete....doubt they would be that aggressive with a downtown condo tower but it shows that they think outside the box in terms of pre-sales and that they have lender support in doing so.

http://www.danielsfirsthome.ca/home.html

Daniels has done, at least, two condo-townhouse projects in the burbs on 100% spec basis. Targeted at first time homebuyers they do not even put these projects "FirstHome" on sale until the buildings are 100% complete....doubt they would be that aggressive with a downtown condo tower but it shows that they think outside the box in terms of pre-sales and that they have lender support in doing so.

http://www.danielsfirsthome.ca/home.html

The Mississauga Erin Mills phase 1 (150 units or so) location sold out in a matter of hours, I suspect phase 2 will be the same.

The Mississauga Erin Mills phase 1 (150 units or so) location sold out in a matter of hours, I suspect phase 2 will be the same.

we are getting a bit off topic here but one of the savings is in the sales centre/effort itself. The houses are built and finished so people are viewing a finished product and buy what is there. Like I said, I doubt that is what they are/would do with a downtown tower (a bit risky to spec that market) but it shows a more aggressive/creative side than most (on behalf of Daniels and their lenders).

Back