Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Thanks... here is one using tilt/shift:

Toronto Model 11-14-18 CIBC.png

I guess we can forget about building any of these huge office Towers right away. Because Amazon has just announced that they are moving their headquarters to New York City and Washington DC areas ! !

I guess we can forget about building any of these huge office Towers right away. Because Amazon has just announced that they are moving their headquarters to New York City and Washington DC areas ! !

I don't think any of these 6 new towers were expected to jump on the Amazon bandwagon, now Harbour City is a different story

Harbour City East Harbour was planned to be built before Amazon was on the horizon - I don't see why it would be put on hold.

Now that Amazon HQ2 is out of the picture, it might be better off waiting a little given the required infrastructure from floodproofing to East Harbour Station and DRL isn't in place yet.

AoD

I don't think any of these 6 new towers were expected to jump on the Amazon bandwagon, now Harbour City is a different story

I had a feeling that Harbor City would have been a different story when it comes to Amazon not coming to this place. But are there main tenants right now for these other 6 office Towers? If so I would like some info on that.

East Harbour will be built in some far off future. Before 2050 - fat chance.

There is absolutely no business case for 11 million square feet at that location. Case in point is the struggling midtown corridor (Yonge/Bloor), even though it's centrally located at the intersection of our only two subway lines.

East Harbour will be built in some far off future. Before 2050 - fat chance.

There is absolutely no business case for 11 million square feet at that location. Case in point is the struggling midtown corridor (Yonge/Bloor), even though it's centrally located at the intersection of our only two subway lines.

As someone who is working on the project....you'd be surprised how it is moving along. Amazon was never used as a push to build the site, only would have filled it faster than the plan.

Also, the Flood protection has already in the works with the Lower Don river works, just will take a couple years to head up the Don to the East Harbour site.

As someone who is working on the project....you'd be surprised how it is moving along. Amazon was never used as a push to build the site, only would have filled it faster than the plan.

Also, the Flood protection has already in the works with the Lower Don river works, just will take a couple years to head up the Don to the East Harbour site.
I'm sure it's moving along - I heard of potential tenants, but they're for the existing dumpster fire of a building currently on site (the one that's supposed to be renovated).

There is no interest in the other 10.5 million square feet of space currently (and for the longer term) unserved by transit. I mean there are plenty more very central sites that will likely move before this.

I'm sure it's moving along - I heard of potential tenants, but they're for the existing dumpster fire of a building currently on site (the one that's supposed to be renovated).

There is no interest in the other 10.5 million square feet of space currently (and for the longer term) unserved by transit. I mean there are plenty more very central sites that will likely move before this.
This has always been a long term play by Great Gulf - the RER station isn't going to be in place for another 6 years, and DRL is probably 10-12 years minimum still as well. First phase of space is the reno for probably 2020, with perhaps the first new office building opening in 2025 along with the RER station - with more buildings coming online as transit access expands. The 10.5 million SF has always been planned to be constructed over a period of 20+ years. I don't think anybody is expecting a new 50 storey office tower to start construction there in the next 2-3 years.

This has always been a long term play by Great Gulf - the RER station isn't going to be in place for another 6 years, and DRL is probably 10-12 years minimum still as well. First phase of space is the reno for probably 2020, with perhaps the first new office building opening in 2025 along with the RER station - with more buildings coming online as transit access expands. The 10.5 million SF has always been planned to be constructed over a period of 20+ years. I don't think anybody is expecting a new 50 storey office tower to start construction there in the next 2-3 years.
I am going to put in writing now that we won't see an RER station on that site - and I'll believe there's a DRL once the start date stops getting pushed out.

Those are two pretty big ifs in a city like Toronto.

I am going to put in writing now that we won't see an RER station on that site - and I'll believe there's a DRL once the start date stops getting pushed out.

Those are two pretty big ifs in a city like Toronto.

The RER Station or "Smart Track" station is being designed as we speak and is part of this whole East Harbour development in general and will be constructed at least in part before 2025. If there is no transit to this site, the whole project would fall apart.
If you want to have more of a discussion on it I think we should start posting in the East Harbour thread.

Back