Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Take a look at the database before you post about renderings. The design has been updated.

You're right, thankfully it has. But the original plans for the third tower were being discussed. Take a look at comment context before you post.

Ok, I'll bite, how is the numbers 45 and 81 significant to the Chinese community?

Good question. Don't expect a good answer.

Was actually referencing the 4 vs. 8 in the address. I've heard numerous times that 4 sounds like death vs. 8 which apparently sounds like wealth in Mandarin/Cantonese.

For gods sake:eek:, those numbers mean nothing here
this is an office complex and not some condo development that is being sold to superstitious people,

I agree with your rationale AG. Maybe it's just coincidence but changing of 4s to 8s has happened so many times in condo developments such as 40 Scott to 88 Scott, or in the floor numbering in cityplace etc that it was my default reaction. Curious change nevertheless.

Even in aviation they've been maximizing the use of the number 8 for marketing reasons (and I don't think that airlines are very superstitious).

Airbus leapfrogged a couple of numbers to go straight to A380. The A380, A350, and Boeing 787 have all started their series numberings at -800 (rather than starting at 100, which was typical and logical). The redesign of the 747 is the 747-8 (when the logical name would have been 747-500).

I think it's seen less as "superstition" and more as simply marketing these days.

Marketing or superstition, I think it could be a mistake being too similar to the Bay Weliington Tower's address.

Back