Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date

sucks to be these people whose view of the CN Tower is forever gone.

5757E0F7-D107-44EF-9D35-D1BBFD327CB7.jpeg

I wonder if 18 Yonge could be incorporated into CIBC Square via complete demolition and growth of a 3rd crystalline office tower. That tower is something that truly doesnt provide much value ;)

Have they released any plans/docs of how the rail-deck park will meet the opposite side prior to Phase 2 commencing? I recall seeing a render with a staircase/elevator down but no supporting docs beyond that. Dead end till they complete both phases?

That's a terrific vantage point to watch rising of Phase 1. Wondering if this view will be completely blocked out eventually by Phase II - or will that be slightly offset to the East?

Have they released any plans/docs of how the rail-deck park will meet the opposite side prior to Phase 2 commencing? I recall seeing a render with a staircase/elevator down but no supporting docs beyond that. Dead end till they complete both phases?
According to this article there was a plan for stairs/elevators originally, but that's since been abandoned as part of the final design of due to the timeline for the second building being sped up.

I strongly doubt they will provide any access to the deck from south until phase 2 is complete. Work on Phase 2 is supposed to start fairly soon - as soon as the GO bus terminal moves and this is planned for mid or autumn 2020 I think. I doubt full rail-deck park will be open until Phase 2 is finished as they could certainly not have 'the public' frolicing in a park immediately below active construction The staircases and elevator plan was, if I remember right, the first plan when Phase 2 was only planned for the mid-future.

Last edited:

Back