Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
As someone who uses this route a fair amount, I sure hope the hardscaping and landscaping for CIBC includes this area owned by others. It would look awful if not completed with CIBC

This is how it will look like.

It does! Will find images.

Here are the images.

1721932521640.jpeg

1721932537318.jpeg

From the CIBC Square Nov 26 2020 open house.
Pending 1 Front St. W construction, so I’m not hopefully we get anything more than a coat of pavement north of the trees and bollards. Maybe the trees and bollards are pending completion of 1 Front. Concrete barriers seem to be in style still.
IMG_6684.jpeg

IMG_6685.jpeg

IMG_6686.jpeg

New bridge phasing over Yonge starting this Saturday. :)
IMG_6687.jpeg

From the CIBC Square Nov 26 2020 open house.
Pending 1 Front St. W construction, so I’m not hopefully we get anything more than a coat of pavement north of the trees and bollards. Maybe the trees and bollards are pending completion of 1 Front. Concrete barriers seem to be in style still.
View attachment 583277

View attachment 583278

View attachment 583281

New bridge phasing over Yonge starting this Saturday. :)
View attachment 583280
Seems like the northern most part of the alleyway (which is not part of CIBC Square) might not get the same treatment as the park, and might just continue to be an asphalt paved road. At least south of it will become “The Marketplace” and there will just be a small alleyway closest to the Dominion Public Building, blending in with the park.

Finally, work with the Yonge bridge to Backstage!
In the renderings I provided, (from UrbanToronto), it shows the bridge will have glass that you can clearly see through south over the tracks, with no crash wall blocking. However in your renderings it shows a crash wall blocking the view with only small slits that you can see through. I guess we’ll have a similar view like the SkyPark on the 6th floor haha. I’m assuming the final design is from the rendering you provided. At least we will have some view.

Back