Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Freezy Friday

Westside Story: not much change to the upper half this week. A lot of forming panels have been removed and have been transported off-site

View attachment 170595

The lower half of the core has had a new floor installed, and new steel risers are beginning to form the next level

View attachment 170596

Eastside Story:

General photo of the east side at the same zoom as the two previous photos might help out the 'mad stitcher' do his magic

View attachment 170597

A closer look shows the new formwork being added along 18 Yonge St building

View attachment 170598

And finally another look at the north wall that includes a new wall being formed just south of the train crash wall.

View attachment 170599
The latest @Michael62 post stitched:
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

I remember there being a video posted just as this project hit grade about the construction method they're using. If someone could link to that post/ELI5 how this method works and what 'jumping' means, it'd be much appreciated!

guys an off topic question, I apologize. how do one send a private message to someone. I see an option of `start a conversation` but im not sure if that's private.

I remember there being a video posted just as this project hit grade about the construction method they're using. If someone could link to that post/ELI5 how this method works and what 'jumping' means, it'd be much appreciated!

Jump forming

Received this email update.

4M_WSzPjPxmWHOdI1w7MRIN1-T1fz29bHEkfrZn3pjQfKuki0ku5Ep8_IevOwrTLQvWHW0-lWZtYa12GyunFikx418WY1F-aOg-d0gaDa_EYx98vdCvfWkR2sHNs7z6cEHK_FmK-Gb_cGn1hIUMh8bXKZsJtFL4BNMA=s0-d-e1-ft

Construction Update

Dear neighbours,

Below is a brief update on the progress of the CIBC SQUARE project:

Construction at 81 Bay Street
This week, construction of the concrete core walls at 81 Bay Street reached level 25. The core wall work is ongoing as the tower climbs, with additional concrete pours scheduled next week. We also completed our fourth tier of structural steel installation, for levels 5-7, and commenced installation of the fifth tier, which includes level 7-9. Metal decking and stair installation is also ongoing as the tower core rises. In the coming weeks, we will start installation of the main steel canopy columns, as well as continue work to form and reinforce the vertical columns that will support level 2 and level 3 of the new bus terminal.

Rail Corridor Overbuild Park
We have reached the fifth phase of structural steel installation for the overbuild park. Current work includes plumbing, bolting and torqueing of the steel, as well as truss installation. For safety reasons, this work continues to take place overnight as workers are not permitted to be in the rail corridor during the day or evening when tracks are being used by trains.

When are we working?
Looking ahead, the following working hours are expected at CIBC SQUARE this week:

Hours of Work:
  • 5AM - 7AM Monday – Friday: Deliveries at 81 Bay Street, as per approved noise by-law exemption permit
  • 7AM - 7PM Monday – Friday: Regular working hours
  • 7PM – 10PM Monday – Friday: Installation of steel reinforcement at 81 Bat Street, as per approved noise by-law exemption permit
  • 9 PM – 5AM Monday – Friday: Overnight work in the rail corridor for the park overbuild
  • 9AM – 7PM Saturday: Regular working hours at 81 Bay

Floor space seems narrow to me compared to most buildings?

View attachment 171034

Typical office dimensions from the core are 9m to 13.5m. Obviously this can vary depending on the usage, but typically they fall within that range, as they are easier to lease out. (Source: I currently work on designing office towers).

That's correct - usable floor space will increase as the core shrinks

Back