Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
From the WT October Board Meeting CEO Report:

East Bayfront Transit Environmental Assessment (“EA”)
Waterfront Toronto continues to work with the City of Toronto and the private sector to secure the East Bayfront LRT platform that was identified on 45 Bay St. (east of the Air Canada Centre). Ivanhoe Cambridge has submitted a site plan application for 45 Bay St. to develop a 54 storey, 1.3 million square foot office building which includes a new GO bus terminal. The developer has allotted space for the LRT platform in their submission. Waterfront Toronto will work with the City of Toronto to confirm station requirements and protect for the future platform physical space requirements which will be constructed once funding for the LRT has been secured.

http://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/uploads/documents/ceo_report___public___october_22_2014_1.pdf (p. 2)

AoD

Another front page story with new details, new renderings here! What more can you ask for?!

Very happy to see that the bridge park will be expanded later on, like the preliminary design showed back in August

So if this goes through and is successful, Phase 2 Tower should be anywhere from 255m-300m?
This projects kinda remind me of the Brookfield Place towers where there's two siamese/joined towers and then one taller one.

Interesting to note that in the architectural drawings, on the lot plan sheet, the Dominion Public Building is listed as being owned by 'The Greater Toronto Transit Authority'. That's GO Transit. I always thought it was a federally owned building, unless the feds transferred it quietly to GO through it's subsidiary??

If GO does actually own it, they could someday convert it into a new front street entrance for transit....either to a new Lakeshore Line tunnel station, a new set of under-track entrances to the eastern platforms that will be covered by the new parks, etc.

Dominion Station next door to Union Station?

Very happy to see that the bridge park will be expanded later on, like the preliminary design showed back in August

Seems odd to me - its got to be far cheaper to build it all at once as opposed to coming back to expand it a few years later.

Seems odd to me - its got to be far cheaper to build it all at once as opposed to coming back to expand it a few years later.

The foundation for Phase 2 will probably be supporting the weight of the eastern extension of the park over the tracks.

Last edited:

Back