Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I haven't been here for a while so I apologize if this has already been discussed, but the bus terminal looks a lot smaller than I expected. Does that mean it's just going to be the GO bus terminal and not the combined coach/GO terminal like originally thought? Is the coach terminal going to remain and Bay and Dundas?

I haven't been here for a while so I apologize if this has already been discussed, but the bus terminal looks a lot smaller than I expected. Does that mean it's just going to be the GO bus terminal and not the combined coach/GO terminal like originally thought? Is the coach terminal going to remain and Bay and Dundas?

From Bisonblight on SSC:

The proposal shows a two floor terminal, with 14 bus bays and room for six waiting buses. The existing Go terminal has only five or six bays, so its definitely an expansion, but I'm not sure how much Metrolinx intends to extend Bus service to Union.

Looking at Google Maps, there are five bus bays and room for up to six waiting buses in the existing GO terminal. The Dundas-Bay bus terminal has seven bus bays available for intercity buses. So this actually represents an increase over the two bus terminals combined in terms of available bus bays.

Last edited:
Metrolinx operates 7 bus bays at the terminal right now, 6 normal ones and an add on not visible from satellite imagery. They also have a "drop off spot" that buses use to drop passengers off. The regional terminal similarly has 7 bays. Its difficult to say really whether or not the two would fit.

There's going to be a real loading/unloading pedestrian movement conflict with this design, methinks.

The operations in this place should be something to see at peak bus periods.

That said, connection to the new PATH bridge and to the east teamway seem decent, which is nice. I've long thought they should add a new subway entrance at the current GO Bus terminal location (you would enter the subway via the streetcar platform). I think this would only increase the usefulness of a new entrance.

Last edited:
So there is no direct access to the Gardiner from the terminal?

I have already answered this question twice in this thread. What part of 'no, it's not going to happen' is not clear to you?

no artics would be horrible on the highway. They will be buying low floor buses soon though, and their double deckers serve as their sort of articulated buses as they significantly increase capacity.

I think final height of the tower will be market dependent, and dependent on the scale of the main tenant. If they receive more interesting than expected I could see them attempting to build the tower taller, however with so many towers under construction or proposed for the same area I think the market could be soft - which may explain why the tower on front street ended up significantly shorter than the first drawings we saw.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is even relevant, but I found this on the BA Group website while bumming around google search.

VWAxYNa.jpg

http://www.bagroup.com/our-work?filter_2131=31

These are probably outdated but I thought people would find them interesting.

From Bisonblight on SSC:

Looking at Google Maps, there are five bus bays and room for up to six waiting buses in the existing GO terminal. The Dundas-Bay bus terminal has seven bus bays available for intercity buses. So this actually represents an increase over the two bus terminals combined in terms of available bus bays.

Ah okay thanks. I didn't notice it was 2 levels.

no artics would be horrible on the highway. They will be buying low floor buses soon though, and their double deckers serve as their sort of articulated buses as they significantly increase capacity.

Having ridden the MiWay artics on the 403 and 427 many times I can say that artics on highways are just fine. Granted their layout and weighting may be different from GO buses but still a great ride. Very smooth.

Having ridden the MiWay artics on the 403 and 427 many times I can say that artics on highways are just fine. Granted their layout and weighting may be different from GO buses but still a great ride. Very smooth.

Personally I like double deckers for longer distance buses, since you get the view from high up... & they look better ;)

Back