Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Well, it could be subject to the other bus lines negotiating space there. Just as the whole building is dependent on companies leasing office space.

I wonder how far the "conditional" aspect of this deal is........is the purchase of 141 Bay Street by IC from ML conditional? If I were ML I would want it conditional upon the completion of the new terminal/station....if I was IC I would want it to be unconditional in case the market has more interest in 141 Bay than 45 Bay.

Ding ding ding someone noticed that! And of course, there was a discussion awhile ago in this thread about potential banks that might be interested and their office plans.

Hmm.

AoD

Although I know TD is looking for space, I'd be amazed if they moved their trade floor. The one they have now is gorgeous. Two story ceiling heights, etc.

Probably will come down to lease rates and the almighty dollar though.

Oliver Moore of the Globe and Mail tweeted some interesting tidbits from the press conference.

Buses from Bay/Dundas will not move at this point, maybe in the future.
https://twitter.com/moore_oliver/status/516964376247803904

Bus terminal is expected to cost ~$106M at most ($30M from sale of current terminal land, remaining from Metrolinx capital budget
https://twitter.com/moore_oliver/status/516957488328224768

New bus terminal will increase current bus capacity (580 trips/day) by 50%
https://twitter.com/moore_oliver/status/516958853788082176

Construction is starting on the southern end first because it doesn't need any rezoning, but the northern parcel does.
https://twitter.com/moore_oliver/status/516962119141830656

Skypark will be reminiscent of NYC's High Line, according to Ivanhoe exec.
https://twitter.com/moore_oliver/status/516962665131163648

Who's to say the Gardiner will even exist? The latest staff recommendation was to tear it down. I know Ford, Chow and Tory will be in favour of keeping the alternate proposal to keep most of it with a re-aligned portion from the DVP, but its a city council vote, and who knows what could happen. The Ford era has shown us anything can happen.

Gardiner is only being considered for a tear down east of Jarvis street, so this section is safe.

Who's to say the Gardiner will even exist? The latest staff recommendation was to tear it down. I know Ford, Chow and Tory will be in favour of keeping the alternate proposal to keep most of it with a re-aligned portion from the DVP, but its a city council vote, and who knows what could happen. The Ford era has shown us anything can happen.

The portion under debate is east of Jarvis - the central portion of the expressway is staying up for the foreseeable future.

AoD

Nobody here is talking much about the towers, which to me is just as interesting as the bus terminal. I'm guessing the first tower is fully dependent on finding a lead tenant ? So chances are they won't anytime soon given nobody has lined up for Union Center or 156 Front, chances are there won't be a huge line up here. IC might have their work cut out for them.

Has official heights been given for these towers yet or are we just guessing based on renders?

Last edited:
Nobody here is talking much about the towers, which to me is just as interesting as the bus terminal. I'm guessing the first tower is fully dependent on finding a lead tenant ? So chances are they won't anytime soon given nobody has lined up for Union Center or 156 Front, chances are there won't be a huge line up here. IC might have their work cut out for them.

Has official heights been given for these towers yet or are we just guessing based on renders?

I would think that this would be a more attractive location than either 156 Front or Union Centre given that it will be closer to the GO Bus terminal, has a more prestigious and exclusive Bay Street address, and is closer to the heart of the financial district.

Front page story here.

Presumably, Union Centre, 156 Front, BA3 and 45 Bay are all talking to the same prospective tenants. I don't know, but I would presume that dog and pony shows have been going on in boardrooms all over town, with pretty pictures of buildings with the prospective tenant's logo on.

Back in the pre-historic age of the 1980s, prospective lead tenants were offered the choice for the top of the original Bay Adelaide Centre - pyramid or dome.

Probably looking too much into this but in that last rendering of the skyline, there's a high speed train on the approach to Union. Does this mean that the high speed rail promise is still alive?

The front page story says "the new terminal will also evetually serve intercity coach services which currently call in at Dundas and Bay Streets.". Unless I missed something, this is not true. In fact, the Globe and Mail reporter stated that it only "may" happen in the future (which also means that it may not).

The bus terminal at Bay and Dundas has a heck of a lot of bays and is quite sizeable. I am not sure that this terminal is big enough to service Go buses and all the buses at the other terminal.

Presumably, Union Centre, 156 Front, BA3 and 45 Bay are all talking to the same prospective tenants. I don't know, but I would presume that dog and pony shows have been going on in boardrooms all over town, with pretty pictures of buildings with the prospective tenant's logo on.

Back in the pre-historic age of the 1980s, prospective lead tenants were offered the choice for the top of the original Bay Adelaide Centre - pyramid or dome.

In addition to these four tower proposals, perhaps the X (1 or 16) York office tower as part of the Ice towers complex (across PwC) would also be in the running?

I hope the park becomes at least twice the size from the render. Also it's going to be weird when this development goes up and we won't be able to see the grey TD tower anymore.

Back