Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Okays...thanks.

That's surprising, as I've never seen it from that angle...making it almost unrecognizable to me. I'll have go down at some point to poke around to see where that was shot from. That CIBC Square reflection will least give me a clue where to look.

Considerable work down below, and atop.

CIBC-1.jpg

CIBC-2.jpg

CIBC-3.jpg

Nice to see the upward-facing lights for the uppermost fins.

CIBC-4.jpg

(Eagerly awaiting another lighting test, guys...)

CIBC-5.jpg

CIBC-6.jpg

CIBC-7.jpg

Gorgeous indigo blue tone strips between the diamonds.

CIBC-8.jpg

Last edited:
This building truly is incredible. Looks beautiful and different yet equally stunning from every angle.

Dare I say its possibly the nicest building in the city?

Not to knock CIBC Square, but most of the extraordinary exterior magic comes down to glass cladding (and angles)... perhaps the best I've seen anywhere on a new building.

But using the cladding metric, RBC Plaza, completed over 40 years ago, remains in my estimation to be the most beautifully clad project on planet earth. Rarely discussed in geek forums, but the serrated gold twins are still simply the best dressed scrapers anywhere (and certainly no other "Fools Gold" imitations have matched it ;-)

Last edited:
Not to knock CIBC Square, but most of the extraordinary exterior magic comes down to glass cladding (and angles)... perhaps the best I've seen anywhere on a new building.

But using the cladding metric, RBC Plaza, completed over 40 years ago, remains in my estimation to be the most beautifully clad project on planet earth. Rarely discussed in geek forums, but the serrated gold twins are still simply the best dressed scrapers anywhere (and certainly no other "Fools Gold" imitations have matched it ;-)

Happier now @3Dementia? (Took this yesterday as well, but forgot to include in my set. A view I hadn't seen before tucked narrowly between nearby condos). Diamonds and gold, a nice combo.

CIBC.jpg

Back