Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
A164C1F7-C692-41B2-82A3-258A3A723CA0.jpeg
B04299C0-7774-43A4-8CAD-D0C7556E2A89.jpeg

Construction Notice

Glass Canopy Installation – Extended Hours
Beginning September 3, 2019, our contractor will be extending work until midnight daily, Monday – Friday, to install the glass canopy panels on the west side of the 81 Bay Street tower. This work will require the use of both of the material cranes on the tower to move the glass panels and supports. This work is expected to cause minimal noise, registering lower than current ambient noise levels in the neighbourhood. However, for further assurances and to mitigate the impact to the surrounding community, installation crews will only pre-load materials and perform setup installation from 10 p.m. to 12 a.m., in support of work for the following day. This work is expected to take approximately 2.5 months, with a target completion date in mid-November 2019.

REMINDER: Bay Street Closures – Pedestrian Bridge Installation
As a reminder, installation of a new PATH pedestrian bridge over Bay Street will start on the night of August 30st at midnight, which will connect CIBC SQUARE to the northeast corner of the Scotiabank Arena. This work will include steel construction and scaffolding installation, which will generate noise similar to that of the steel work at the overbuild park. To minimize impacts on traffic and maintain safety and security during this construction, work on the pedestrian bridge will take place over two weekends and Bay Street will be fully closed to all traffic and pedestrians between Lake Shore Blvd. W. and Front St. W. during each key construction period:
  • Closure #1: 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, August 31st until 5 a.m. on Monday, September 2nd
  • Closure #2: 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, September 14th until 5 a.m. Monday, September 16th
During these closures, pedestrians may access Union Station GO Bus Terminal, the Union Station Bay East and West Teamways, Scotiabank Arena Gate 1, and Bremner Blvd. from Front St. only.

Hours of Work:

5AM - 7AM Monday to Friday: Deliveries at 81 Bay Street, as per approved noise by-law exemption permit
7AM - 7PM Monday to Friday: Regular working hours at 81 Bay Street
7PM - 10PM Monday to Friday: Installation of steel reinforcement rebar at 81 Bay Street and the Podium at 81 Bay Street, as per approved noise by-law exemption permit
10PM – 12AM Monday to Friday: Pre-load and set-up works for glass canopy work
10PM - 5AM Monday to Saturday: Overnight work in the rail corridor for the park overbuild, as per approved noise by-law exemption
9AM - 7PM Saturday: Regular working hours at 81 Bay Street
12:01 a.m. Saturday, August 31st to 5 a.m. Monday, September 2nd: Pedestrian bridge installation
12:01 a.m. Saturday, September 14th to 5 a.m. Monday, September 16th: Pedestrian bridge installation

We thank you in advance for your patience during this phase of construction. For any questions or comments, please email us at community@CIBCSQUARE.com.

Is there a better pic of the arena side? I’m trying to visualize how it will tie into everything and let people down to street level. Kinda exciting nonetheless.

Over the last two years of this development, I have been taking one picture per week of the progress from my office. At the beginning of the development, my shots were a bit inconsistent so I removed a lot of the earlier frames.
Last week I have resigned, so I decided to make a GIF out of all the photos I have.

Back