Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Site
11282010122-1.jpg

Sorry, I did mean 45 Bay Street. Post #5151 in the Bay-Adelaide Centre West thread, submitted by Ramako, which links to two articles from DCN, states that Phase 2 is the north tower.

"Bay Adelaide Centre,North Tower, Phase Two, Temperance St, Bay St, Adelaide St, M5C " Is this information not accurate? Last I read, the 2nd office tower could go up any time in the next ten years depending on their ability to secure tenants. I haven't heard anything concrete since. If it were breaking ground in the next year, I think we would start hearing about it.

What are all of the other planned office buildings in downtown Toronto? My understanding is that you are not including the Southcore Office tower, which may actually break ground in the coming year. What else are we to expect in the next 12 months? I don't know of anything.

Last edited:
Any reference to numbers in DCN articles has to take into account a spread of about 2 to 3 on either side of the number quoted. This would put the condotel phase of Bay Adelaide anywhere between Phase -1 and 5, according to DCN reliability standards. Originally the condotel was to be phase 3, with the second office tower being phase 2. Having DCN state that it is phase 2 now can only be taken as an alert that there may have been a change, but is certainly not confirmation. We will await more information in that regard: DCN might be right.

Meanwhile, Southcore's second tower has already had its ceremonial groundbreaking. Real work could start any moment, likely with shoring along the rail viaduct.

Last edited:
Could this be the next office tower to be proposed for Toronto :cool:......From their website

ACTIVITY REPORT
AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY REPORT

OFFICE CHALLENGES FOR 2011: LEASING, REPRIORITIZING AND SEEKING OUT BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES

A number of leasing-related challenges lie in store for SITQ in the year ahead, particularly in Toronto,
several U.S. cities, Paris, Frankfurt and Düsseldorf. In addition, the Company will be readjusting its
investment portfolio to concentrate on high-quality properties in its key target markets. It will therefore
be on the lookout for business opportunities that enable it to sell certain properties to capitalize on their
appreciation in value and take advantage of select acquisition opportunities.

SITQ’s goal is to readjust its investment portfolio to concentrate on high-quality properties in key target markets.

From a development perspective, SITQ’s teams will focus on new, prime locations in its target markets where it can build high-quality properties in the coming years. There are four pending projects that are ready to be green-lighted in North America as soon as the circumstances are amenable: 45 Bay Street, in downtown Toronto, for which pre-leasing is slated to begin in 2011; 900 De Maisonneuve Ouest, in the heart of Montréal; Phase III of The Summit, in Seattle; and the second tower of Eighth Avenue Place, in Calgary, the preliminary design and infrastructure of which are already complete.

http://www.sitq.com/documents/file/publications/Rapport2010_en.pdf

Could this be the next office tower to be proposed for Toronto :cool:......From their website

ACTIVITY REPORT
AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY REPORT

OFFICE CHALLENGES FOR 2011: LEASING, REPRIORITIZING AND SEEKING OUT BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES

A number of leasing-related challenges lie in store for SITQ in the year ahead, particularly in Toronto,
several U.S. cities, Paris, Frankfurt and Düsseldorf. In addition, the Company will be readjusting its
investment portfolio to concentrate on high-quality properties in its key target markets. It will therefore
be on the lookout for business opportunities that enable it to sell certain properties to capitalize on their
appreciation in value and take advantage of select acquisition opportunities.

SITQ’s goal is to readjust its investment portfolio to concentrate on high-quality properties in key target markets.

From a development perspective, SITQ’s teams will focus on new, prime locations in its target markets where it can build high-quality properties in the coming years. There are four pending projects that are ready to be green-lighted in North America as soon as the circumstances are amenable: 45 Bay Street, in downtown Toronto, for which pre-leasing is slated to begin in 2011; 900 De Maisonneuve Ouest, in the heart of Montréal; Phase III of The Summit, in Seattle; and the second tower of Eighth Avenue Place, in Calgary, the preliminary design and infrastructure of which are already complete.

http://www.sitq.com/documents/file/publications/Rapport2010_en.pdf

Nice find AG - combined with the previous article it sounds very interesting - especially as it was llisted first in their list of priorities.

I could see this building being iconic with even a hotel component incorporated to the development, there is also a chance that the new Toronto Bus Terminal could be one of their tenants, also Go Transit could potentially lease 10-15 floors..hey even the TTC could look into space for their new headquarters here.
A 300 meter building/transportation hub could look nice down there.

Last edited:
The one bad thing about such a huge building at this location is that it will completely obscure a few of the key buildings in the skyline shot from the lake! :p

(Yes, I think about those things)

Back