Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
service entrance for the loading docks
Cars will also get access to the garage: it's not restricted to service vehicles. (The Bay Street entrance to the garage is for cars only.)

Eventually, yes, once One Yonge decides to build their connection. It will involve quite a lengthy bridge under the Gardiner then over Yonge St, Which I don't believe Pinnacle is planning to do until Phase 3 is constructed.

Eventually, yes, once One Yonge decides to build their connection. It will involve quite a lengthy bridge under the Gardiner then over Yonge St, Which I don't believe Pinnacle is planning to do until Phase 3 is constructed.
There is a planned PATH link on NORTH side of rail berm and that will go to Backstage - it is supposed to happen when phase 2 of CIBC Square (the tower on the GO bus station) is built. The link part at Backstage is already there, of course.

There are PATH extensions planned for both the north and south sides, but it would be the south side extension that would connect to One Yonge.

153A1988-1DB4-4383-851E-F35BE1DD05C8.jpeg

I’m heading to bed now (1am) and noticed they’re still working away, I’m assuming to finish the concrete pour. Hopefully the nasty rain storm didn’t derail things too much. Would fully support whatever tax increase is required to get this crew to work on Union Station next..

Attachments

• 153A1988-1DB4-4383-851E-F35BE1DD05C8.jpeg
    153A1988-1DB4-4383-851E-F35BE1DD05C8.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 519
The deluge of last night collapsed a drain on the 4th floor of the podium at the Pinnacle Centre, which resulted in a massive flood and extraordinary damage to multiple units and the lobby of our building. The water caused multiple alarms to be triggered. It was hours before the fire department was able to turn off the ear-piercing alarms.

Back to CIBC, as Silander and Gizmo have shown, they continued the concrete pour throughout the deluge long into the night. It's lunchtime right now and remarkably they are removing the exterior forms from last nights cement pour. Most of the work was done with the articulated concrete pump but Crane#3 was lifting bucket after bucket of concrete helping to fill up the perimeter. This crew is very impressive and Ivanhoe, Cambridge, Hines, & EllisDon should be aware that this dedicated crew went above and beyond what any reasonable crew would be willing to do to complete this pour.

IMG_0826.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 539
This crew is very impressive and Ivanhoe, Cambridge, Hines, & EllisDon should be aware that this dedicated crew went above and beyond what any reasonable crew would be willing to do to complete this pour.

Probably double time for night work!

Yup, most of those guys working last night were making well over $100/hr
no humanly weather conditions to get the job as these boys.. only at ellis don its why is everyone wants to hire them very expensive but they do it in all weather conditions..and they earned that $100.oo every penny..

I suspect it's one of those concrete pours that has to be done all at once, in one go. When they started in the afternoon, they had no idea what was coming later that evening. When the storm arrived, they didn't have much choice but to continue.

Back