Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Can someone explain why it is a good idea to place the largest bus terminal in the country furthest away from where all the travelers are going just to get closer to a highway off-ramp?

And as a tourist, getting stranded on the lake side of the Gardiner is not preferable over kiddie corner to the Eaton Centre and all the surrounding hotels.

I think you just answered your own question... it is an extremely convenient location for the buses and also places the buses close to the Union Station transportation hub. Ideally yes, it would be located north of the Gardiner but there really isnt any space available there. But is this even confirmed? all we have is the word of Batman from what I can tell.

I would like to see confirmation from Commissioner Gordon before we start celebrating! :D

getting stranded on the lake side of the Gardiner is not preferable over kiddie corner to the Eaton Centre and all the surrounding hotels.

Ideally yes, it would be located north of the Gardiner but there really isnt any space available there.

If Batman is right... this is a very convenient location: it IS north of the Gardiner, and is in fact right up against Union Station. This is the parking lot immediately across Bay from the Air Canada Centre. It is also directly south of the GO Bus terminal once one has passed under the tracks. Finally, it is also immediately west of the condos at 18 Yonge, so it may need to be entirely covered and sound-proofed.

What I wonder is whether it would need to be (at least) a double-decker terminal, with platforms on more than one level? Surely with the amount of space required on the site for office tower lobby, loading docks, other parking, etc., that buses here might need to be accommodated over two or more levels... possibly below the surface?

So yes, how long until we have someone other than Batman with details?

Ha! Well, the idea of Toronto's new coach terminal being located in Burlington definitely sleeps with the fishes, so to speak...

I never understand the value placed on number of posts. If God joined this site today he would only have a couple of posts, but I would believe him. Being prolific in your posting does not inherently imbue the person with credibility, only strident persistence.

But how can we trust a man who refuses to divulge his identity?

LOL

None of us use our real names. However in Batman's case, the fact that he writes his posts "in character", does tend to give credence to the fact that he is indeed off his meds.

Traynor, you know Batman from another forum. I'm pretty sure he is the same connected guy, who's post often end up here after we've copied and pasted them from SSP.

He is using the "Batman" persona so we don't figure out his hidden identity. I'm pretty sure he will not post at this site anymore, as we have figured him out.

Back