Mississauga Chicago Condos | ?m | 36s | Daniels | Kirkor

UT Modernists - "Tacky, pre-cast blah blah."
UT Post-modernists - "Boxy glass, blah blah."

Rinse and repeat... A MILLION TIMES! ;)

I'm really loving this building. A worthwhile change from the typical glass.........

I agree. The whole modern/post-modern debate aside, I personally love this building, and the other Mississauga post-modern buildings. "Downtown" Mississauga has changed so much in the short years I've lived in Toronto.

Months ago someone at the site told me a grocery store will be part of the retail. This was before the Whole Foods coming to Square One parking lot announcement was made. Would Longo's,or Sobeys still consider that spot even though Whole Foods is nearby. Also there is a Hasty Mart at the bottom of the Captial South Tower. I guess it would not be profitable. I am hoping a pizza,burger, blockbuster goes in.

A grocery store there would be profitable, with all of the condos in this area, including Parkside Village to come.
I'd like to see an urban format Sobeys go in.

Chicago nearing completion....pic by Jasonzed at SSC....this the retail face along Confederation Parkway, rumoured to be leased....

20100603001.jpg

edit...one more pic by Jasonzed at SSC..

20100530022.jpg

Last edited:
That Chicago project - Solstice on the Park, by Jeanne Gang of Aqua fame - seems to be stuck in limbo urband, who knows of it will get built or not.

Anyway, rather off topic. Create a thread in the Rest of the World section if you want to yack about it.

That Chicago project - Solstice on the Park, by Jeanne Gang of Aqua fame - seems to be stuck in limbo urband, who knows of it will get built or not.

Anyway, rather off topic. Create a thread in the Rest of the World section if you want to yack about it.

The way things are going the GTA might as well assume the mantle of Las Vegas North, minus the fun of course. How long will it be before we have the globe covered in our naming of projects ? Does any other metropolis do this kind unabashed mimicking ?

If you think there is true originality out there you are sorely mistaken. Toronto borrows from Chicago, Chicago borrows from Toronto, etc. That's the way it is. Cities and cultures don't develop in complete isolation from one another.

If you think there is true originality out there you are sorely mistaken. Toronto borrows from Chicago, Chicago borrows from Toronto, etc. That's the way it is. Cities and cultures don't develop in complete isolation from one another.

Next time I'm in Chicago I'll keep my eyes open for the Toronto Tower. Seriously, Toronto does seem to have it's share of examples of things celebrating other places. Can you name one thing anywhere else that's named after this place ?

Next time I'm in Chicago I'll keep my eyes open for the Toronto Tower. Seriously, Toronto does seem to have it's share of examples of things celebrating other places. Can you name one thing anywhere else that's named after this place ?

Presenting The Toronto:

Washington, DC. There's also a whole town in Ohio which named itself after Toronto. As for the Toronto tower (brick unornamented Modernist apartment from the 1960s and 1970s), many cities wish they could have suburbs that dense, but the subdivision houses just wouldn't sell.

Back