Mississauga Chicago Condos | ?m | 36s | Daniels | Kirkor

The entrance and courtyard to Chicago have been opened over the last few days, and there are a few people living in the tower now....here are pics from the courtyard...

courtyard with tower on the right....

4698061093_f597defb56_b.jpg

4698696822_9256958f6b_b.jpg

still a lot of work to do....
4698697258_5f560172a9_b.jpg

One Park Tower across the way....

4698697718_11132329f0_b.jpg

Last edited:
Love those white pipes sticking off of the side of the "Brownstones". Hopefully they'll finish those off nicer than that haha.

When out in the Square One area, there's absolutely more to see than just one particular project...

Chicago is also worth a look. While not fitting into an aesthetic that UrbanToronto normally falls all over, the complex actually does take its design cues from classic Chicago School style.

ChicagoModel.jpg

As seen from Mississauga City Hall:

ChicagoBeauty.jpg

From the west. Love the leaning One Park Tower. Crazy wide-angle lens.

ChicagoLeaningPark.jpg

A little less warped, but taken from the same area, is this look at the podium:

ChicagoPodium.jpg

Retail at the base of the podium will front on Confederation Parkway:

ChicagoRetail.jpg

Looking up from the Confed frontage, you see this:

ChicagoAcute.jpg

The top from farther back:

ChicagoTop.jpg

Or, this view after heading a bit north and looking back:

ChicagoNWpano.jpg

We caught the delivery of some final precast panels to be applied, after the removal of the construction hoists:

ChicagoPrecast.jpg

A crane is ready to lift:

ChicagoPanelpano.jpg

From the opposite end of the complex, we have this view from south of it:

ChicagoSEpano.jpg

And this look at the podium as it faces the courtyard:

ChicagoPodiumpano.jpg

Townhomes line the other three sides of the courtyard:

ChicagoTownspano.jpg

Here they are in better light. As Faux goes, there is a definite departure from the typical Toronto Vic-Shtick here.

ChicagoTownhomes.jpg

Another angle:

ChicagoTowns.jpg

And a final look at some details... which have been applied with a certain rigour here, not found in many historicist buildings here.

ChicagoTownDetail.jpg

I did not expect to like this complex - it does not fit into my usual design aesthetic - but I appreciate the attention to detail here.

This one has turned out pretty good for a faux building. This and One Park Tower are much nicer than the Capital Towers. I also like that there's no exposed mechanicals.

Oddly, the townhouses seem actually fairly coherent and are redolent of some of Chicago's low-rise residences circa 1890s.

The tower remains a mess.

This one has turned out pretty good for a faux building. This and One Park Tower are much nicer than the Capital Towers. I also like that there's no exposed mechanicals.

Yeah, I've noticed that nicely integrated mechanicals are typical of these pseudo-historicist towers.

Also, the tower seems taller than just 36 storeys.

I don't think I've ever looked in this thread and if I did it was probably during the initial sales cycle. Today's UT "Feature Project" blog is what brings me here. I actually really like this building and am glad it was featured today or I'd probably never know of it. It's pretty different for the GTA. Love the abrupt, unapologetic finial on this one and the fake classic look does bother me at all here.

I've always liked Chicago. I wish we had more "Brownstones" like this, even though I love towers.

I posted this in the MCC Common Park as well...some people questioned why townhouses amongst towers...I believe they wanted to create a mews that will run through their development which would make for interesting (all townhouses will be different) and leisurely walk...The winding mews will start from City Centre Drive through Capital Towers, through the park then continue through One Park Tower to the west and a new tower to the east then through Chicago and Limelight ending, for the moment, at SQ1 Drive. This is one of the reasons that makes this park so important, it's acting like a node or a hub...
20100715a029.jpg

20100715a031.jpg

20100715a032.jpg

The green stretch can be turned into a linear park of sorts with benches, trees, mini hills and play areas, etc...I think it makes for an interesting and unique setting...
20100715a053.jpg

20100715a056.jpg

I hope the path will be successful. I suspect that it'll need to attract a diverse group of people like those going to work and returning, those out for leisure, those running errands, and those who just socialize on the path. Otherwise, it might just be empty most of the time and look wasteful.

I hope the path will be successful. I suspect that it'll need to attract a diverse group of people like those going to work and returning, those out for leisure, those running errands, and those who just socialize on the path. Otherwise, it might just be empty most of the time and look wasteful.

I have a feeling it'll be well-used especially as MCC continues to grow.

Back