Toronto Chelsea Green (was 33 Gerrard) | 297.25m | 90s | Great Eagle | a—A

Love the design and love that Walton Street (and the new north/south street) is going to run through the site again. Always hated how the previous building removed Walton from the grid.

Love the design and love that Walton Street (and the new north/south street) is going to run through the site again. Always hated how the previous building removed Walton from the grid.

It would be even neater if they could cover it along the lines of what's being proposed for the Well.

AoD

It has the heavily overused offset boxes and random cutouts, but overall I think it's good. I'm always happy to see something other than 100% glass.

I'm really liking the updated Modern classic look. Also excited to see something other than glass. Disagree strongly that 'offset boxes and random cutouts' are over-used. In our current inventory of Toronto buildings old or new, how many feature this look?

More likely, future generations will look at them with scorn for being so boring and energy inefficient, just like how today we chastise the Towers in the Park(ing lot).

For all we know, future generations will be laughing at us for thinking climate change and global warming isn't a natural phenomenon, and that we were silly to spend so much money being more efficient for nothing. ;)

Like the way we are cursing ourselves now for not erecting more mirrored glass buildings during that epidemic?

At the time I didn't like the mirrored glass but it has grown on me especially with the current craze. As long as the current style evolves over time into something else we'll be fine with all the different styles intermixed. The only places that will trouble me are those areas where many buildings of the same style were all built at the same time. Places like City Place where newer styles will not be able to be added because the sites are completely built out.

Back