Toronto CHAZ | 150.87m | 47s | 45 Charles Ltd | P + S / IBI

Cladding is what everyone sees so it is ultimately what matters. But it is not the material but rather the arrangement ie the design that makes the difference. P+S is to Wonder Bread what aA/etc is to Bunner's bread.
12 March 2014
SemfTcR.jpg

Lots of new shots by Jack Landau from a much brighter day figure in our new front page story from our recent tour here.

Application: Plumbing(PS) Status: Not Started

TORONTO M4Y 1S2

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 101340 PLB 02 PS Accepted Date: Mar 21, 2014

Project: Apartment Building Building Permit Related(PS)

Description: REVISION 2: Expansion of top 3 residential floors and mechanical penthouse and addition of 17 residential units for a total of 526 residential units. Plumbing - Proposal to construct a 39 sty condo with 5 levels of underground parking and 417 residential units. FOR PLANS SEE BUILDING PERMIT FILE

Chaz with Casa:

IMG_0729.jpg

And a few more quick shots:
Chaz.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0729.jpg
    IMG_0729.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,295
  • Chaz.jpg
    Chaz.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,297
  • IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,323
  • IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,296
CASA purely looks like an architectural disgrace sitting beside CHAZ right now.
Wonder why so many people on this forum were campaning for its pathetic clones CASA II and III
Crestford should be ashamed for not trying .....

Casa still looks fantastic. The glass is sleeker and has a better colour to it, the luxurious glazing and brick of the podium still holds up to the new neighbour and it still has a confident look to it in its proportions and roof feature. I don't want any clones, though, because when you repeat a minimalist design over and over again, it can seem generic. This tower might be better than the homely Bloor Street Neighbourhood, though. That tower has some good features too, like its setbacks and unique brick used for the podium.

Last edited:
To tell you the truth, BLOOR STREET NEIGHBOURHOOD will age very well because it's aechitectually better than that piece of Glass Box called CASA.
CASA surely looks like something in North York, I believe was built by the dreadful PERMBERTON

To tell you the truth, BLOOR STREET NEIGHBOURHOOD will age very well because it's aechitectually better than that piece of Glass Box called CASA.
CASA surely looks like something in North York, I believe was built by the dreadful PERMBERTON

Casa was built by Cresford and is beautiful. BSN is a piece of dung and built by Cresford as well.

Casa is a box with wrap around balconies. Sure, the quality of materials are good but this design has been done around Toronto for over 30 years. There are many buildings in North York with the same design, just different materials. I don't see anything new or creative here.

What makes this building so beautiful? It's a decent building but it looks pretty ordinary to me. I guess the roof is nice but it's nothing very exciting. These days it seems people will call the most ordinary things beautiful. After a while, beauty loses all value.

Casa is a box with wrap around balconies. Sure, the quality of materials are good but this design has been done around Toronto for over 30 years. There are many buildings in North York with the same design, just different materials. I don't see anything new or creative here.

What makes this building so beautiful? It's a decent building but it looks pretty ordinary to me. I guess the roof is nice but it's nothing very exciting. These days it seems people will call the most ordinary things beautiful. After a while, beauty loses all value.

Remember, when Casa was built, the "glass box" phenomena wasn't so overdone like it is now. It's just a sleek building IMO. That style isn't for everyone.

Back