Toronto Charlie Condos | 122.83m | 36s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

Are you positive that the 2 bedrooms have not sold well? I went into the sales centre, and according to their sales board (which I know can be greatly inaccurate), only a few 2 bedroom units remain. Are the 2 bed units overpriced in the building (even at the recently reduced prices)?

Does anyone think that there is a chance that this building will not get built?

There was an ad in the Globe or the Star this weekend that listed two bedrooms at Charlie were from $250k.

At least they are advertising. I'm guessing they are spending the money to get the final push of sales to the point of reaching that financing threshold.

Did you mean from 350k and not250k?
There was an ad in the Globe or the Star this weekend that listed two bedrooms at Charlie were from $250k.

At least they are advertising. I'm guessing they are spending the money to get the final push of sales to the point of reaching that financing threshold.

Are you positive that the 2 bedrooms have not sold well? I went into the sales centre, and according to their sales board (which I know can be greatly inaccurate), only a few 2 bedroom units remain. Are the 2 bed units overpriced in the building (even at the recently reduced prices)?

Does anyone think that there is a chance that this building will not get built?

I never said they didn't sell well. Just that they sold a tonne of 1/1+1's. Every plan I looked at..."Sold out"....she said....but never mentioned anything about the 2 bedrooms. I never go by sales boards.

I do think the building will be built, just not as quickly as they say.

Thank you for your response JB.

I paid approx $466 a squarefoot. With talks of the discount that is being offered for Charlie I wish I would have waited. When I bought at the time I was so sure that prices wouldn't get any lower especially when projects near by are selling for over $500 a square foot.

This is my first purchase so I'm not really familiar with pricing and appreciation of a pre-construction property. Does anyone know whether my unit will be worth more money by the time it's built? Especially considering the downwad pressure in prices right now?

I also heard from a friend that Great Gulf has a great track record in building on time. Hopefully they will break ground soon. At least we know that one bedrooms and and one with dens are sold out. It is a very nice project so hopefull it wouldn't be too difficult to get the sales...and it's such a great location!!

I was thinking that 2011 would be a long wait. I don't know if I can wait till 2012 or 2013 before it's ready :(

Thank you for your response JB.

I paid approx $466 a squarefoot. With talks of the discount that is being offered for Charlie I wish I would have waited. When I bought at the time I was so sure that prices wouldn't get any lower especially when projects near by are selling for over $500 a square foot.

This is my first purchase so I'm not really familiar with pricing and appreciation of a pre-construction property. Does anyone know whether my unit will be worth more money by the time it's built? Especially considering the downwad pressure in prices right now?

I also heard from a friend that Great Gulf has a great track record in building on time. Hopefully they will break ground soon. At least we know that one bedrooms and and one with dens are sold out. It is a very nice project so hopefull it wouldn't be too difficult to get the sales...and it's such a great location!!

I was thinking that 2011 would be a long wait. I don't know if I can wait till 2012 or 2013 before it's ready :(
I really wouldn't be worried with your purchase, it's an upscale building in a great area.

When I was there a few weeks ago, they were offering some units at $400psf and some for $450....I think it was only 10 units. They did the same thing for X.

I think 2012 would be an optimistic goal, given that X wont be done until Q2 2010 (most likely move-in ready in Q3 2010).
If they start excavation late this year or early next year, Im thinking Charlie would be late 2012 / early 2013?

I think 2012 would be an optimistic goal, given that X wont be done until Q2 2010 (most likely move-in ready in Q3 2010).
If they start excavation late this year or early next year, Im thinking Charlie would be late 2012 / early 2013?
You really think X will be ready by Q2 or even Q3? I'm thinking 2011

You really think X will be ready by Q2 or even Q3? I'm thinking 2011

2011 is possible. Im keeping a close eye on Casa and whether it'll be move in ready by the end of this year.
While the 2 projects arent exactly the same, they are pretty much on the same scale. And X is slightly ahead of where Casa was this time last year.

Anyone heard how the sales event has been progressing (i.e. the full page ad featured for several weeks in newspapers)?

Any juicy news about this development???

I read in an article somewhere that Charlie sold appox 16 units in March. The last time I spoke to them in Jan they told me they were 20 units away from securing financing. They were lying I'm sure - 20 probably meant 40 at minimum :rolleyes:.

Back