Toronto Charlie Condos | 122.83m | 36s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

LOL ... if the sales reps told you that it would be completed by 2012, they are TOTALLY LIEING.

This project hasn't even reached enough sales to break ground yet.
When ground does break, I would estimate 1 month per floor for construction from beginning to end ... so expect completion 3 years from construction starting.
They told me 2011...lol. I was estimating 2012, but maybe even later than that.

"Construction will start any day now"

Yea right...

This project hasn't even reached enough sales to break ground yet.

Along with my purchase at Boutique I also have one at Charlie.

Anyway, the sales agents were initially claiming that ground breaking would take place around the end of 2008. However, a few months ago I received a letter saying that the date scheduled for ground breaking would be reviewed in June 2009 due to economic viability. I went to the office and asked the sales rep what this meant exactly and if it was a result of lack of units sold or secured financing. She said it was neither, and that they were pushing the date of when they have to break ground to a later date so that they could focus on selling off the remaining units (keep in mind that they released additional floors a few months after launch). She said not to worry and that the project is going up.

Again, take what they say with a grain of salt. I don't mind if the project is delayed as it gives me a few years to live at Boutique before renting it out to live at Charlie.

Interesting... The two projects I have been looking at are Boutique and Charlie!

Charlie will be completed later so I am leaning towards it, so I have some more time to save....

Would someone please give me their thoughts on what floor is high enough in the north west view to get some sunlight and be able to resale some day :)

by counting the floor on GLAS, I think that building is 16 storeys ... so if you want to clear GLAS from a unit in Charlie, you'll probably want to go for something 18th floor or above (19th floor if the builder skips 13)

Keep in mind that the 18-19 floors might put you in the perfect spot to enjoy the noise of Glas's rooftop mechanicals.

that's why I suggested going 2 floors higher than Glas ~

I inquired about a suite on the 31st floor called 'Linden'. $702,660 at $490 per sq. ft which is a 'special promotion'.

(New member here. I've been enjoying the forum for the past year or so, especially (and like so many others) Mustapha's then and now thread. So, hello to you all...)

Thanks! That's Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez, aka The Ugly.

You must mean: aka "The Mouthfull" :) Welcome aboard!

I think the neighbourhood surrounding this building is on the way up, as some have already said. The TIFF / Lightbox building in particular will be good for this area, and it's pretty much outside the obnoxious "Club district". Having said that, I wouldn't live on the lower 15 levels of this building, at least. You'd have a fine view of Glas, as already mentioned, and can be serenaded by the streetcars turning on the loop at Charlotte Street. Advice for this one: go high or go home!

I wonder how much of the folks buying into this project are investors ? For their previous building which was the Hudson, I believe it was mostly owners. I remember the Cityplace condos having a very high percentage of investors so when it's time to flip you have a lot of competitors.

Last edited:
I puchased a unit at Charlie around Christmas time. They told me that the latest the project will be completed is in 2012. When I received a letter from them about the push back in them breaking ground, I called to ask about the closing date and they advised that it has not changed. I wonder how their sales are doing. Does anyone know the status? the sales rep there always just tell you what you want to hear. It's hard to get the truth out of them :confused:

I puchased a unit at Charlie around Christmas time. They told me that the latest the project will be completed is in 2012. When I received a letter from them about the push back in them breaking ground, I called to ask about the closing date and they advised that it has not changed. I wonder how their sales are doing. Does anyone know the status? the sales rep there always just tell you what you want to hear. It's hard to get the truth out of them :confused:
Most of the 1 bedroom/ 1 bedroom dens are sold out....I think they have a bunch of 2 bedrooms left. I don't see them breaking ground anytime soon, they're pretty sketchy when you ask them about the "break ground" date.

Regardless, it's a very nice building

Back