Toronto Charlie Condos | 122.83m | 36s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

$37,500 for a parking space?! Is that the going rate these days? For some reason I find that shocking. Thats 25% over all the freed buildings which also seemed shockingly high when they were announced.

Maybe I'm just cheap.

$37,500 for a parking space?! Is that the going rate these days? For some reason I find that shocking. Thats 25% over all the freed buildings which also seemed shockingly high when they were announced.

Maybe I'm just cheap.

$30k at The Modern and at Cityplace

They were around $30-35K at the Hudson about a year ago...

Plus you pay property tax for it :)

Considering it costs about 30-40K to build each underground parking spot, builders are just passing on the true cost to the purchasers. Outside of the core parkings spaces are "included" with the price of the unit, but since land values are less, overall costs decrease. THere are some suburban developments that are starting to charge extra for parking spaces.

Booya!

homeimgqc7.jpg

Hahah, the trees lining the street have been reduced to little potted plants.

I'm looking over the pricing... Holy crap! That's insane.

A comparable unit (plus all extra bits like parking, lockers and floor level) to mine is approximately $296,990 when I paid $198,400. Almost $100,000 more. :eek:

I'm looking over the pricing... Holy crap! That's insane.

A comparable unit (plus all extra bits like parking, lockers and floor level) to mine is approximately $296,990 when I paid $198,400. Almost $100,000 more. :eek:

That's about 8.5% per year, so not too shabby.

If anything, it's proof that the market is healthy. He bought five years ago. Plus, I think we might even be able to consider this to be part of the lower tier of the luxury segment of the market (i.e. inflation in this segment is isloated from the rest).

^Proof that a major price correction is due, imho.

There isn't much room for prices to drop even if demand subsides (Labour, material, ever increasing development charges and fees, land costs which won't go down due to supply issues). You'll possibly start to see more incentives (in other words developers tossing more extras in and decreasing their margins), but it's highly unlikely there will be a drop in prices, despite what's going on in some U.S. markets. If there is a major slow down you can expect prices to remain static vs going up or down. That's just my two cents...

Back