Toronto Casa II Condos | 184.09m | 56s | Cresford | a—A

OMG you guys, who cares. You're arguing on the internet about someones opinion about what Canada's most famous neighbourhood is. Does it really matter?

Agreed Kristopher. This type of argument arises often whenever remarks about something grandiose, or other, in Toronto are made, - not sure this happens in Montreal. Alas, faded glory is just another thing Montreal's got over the upstart.

A bit of a moot point for a couple of reasons...

I don't consider 42 Charles to be in what I would consider "Yorkville" anyway. It just happens to fall within the south-western borders of the expanded Bloor-Yorkville BIA. In spirit, this area belongs more to the Church/Gay Village nabe.

Yorkville is not akin to Westmount at all. Westmount is large, wealthy residential neighbourhood in the same vein as Forest Hill or Rosedale. Yorkville is a small enclave that has transitioned over its life, due to its proximity to the downtown core. It is (now) primarily a luxury commercial district...not a residential one (although recent condo additions have made it more mixed-use in this sense).

don't know if this is of any particular significance, but the buzzbuzzhome site has added this project to their database....

DEVELOPMENT NAME 42 Charles Street East

DEVELOPER(S) Cresford Development Corporation

PROJECT TYPE Condominium

ADDRESS 42 Charles Street East

NEIGHBOURHOOD/CITY Toronto

STATE/PROVINCE Ontario

CONSTRUCTION STATUS Preconstruction

SELLING STATUS Unknown

NUMBER OF STOREYS 64 storeys

INTERIOR DESIGNER(S) MissoniHome

http://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/42-charles-street-east

Looks like now its going to be 56 storeys.

42 CHARLES ST E

OPA / Rezoning 11 194814 STE 27 OZ Ward 27
- Tor & E.York May 13, 2011 --- --- --- ---

Rezoning application for new residentil condo building 56 stories Plus mechanical penthouse - 570 residential units - 5 levels below grade parking - 215 parking spaces - 203 bicycle parking spaces.

It's true, I was actually disappointed when I read that it went from 64 floors to a "mere" 56, which hilariously would still make it one of the tallest condo proposals in the city, haha!

Back