Toronto Casa II Condos | 184.09m | 56s | Cresford | a—A

So where did the 65 floor reference or rumour of an April announcement originate??

Someone's imagination clearly. We had become so accustomed to new project announcements that we assumed it would happen right away. However the market is changing, slowing (just look at our first page - it's all about projects well under construction peppered with a number of low-rise in-fills) and more assessment on demand is likely a smart move.

Last edited:
Someone's imagination clearly. We had become so accustomed to new project announcements that we assumed it would happen right away. However the market is changing, slowing (just look at our first page - it's all about projects well under construction peppered with a number of low-rise in-fills) and more assessment on demand is likely a smart move.

I doubt its someones imagination..for instance Urbanation and Buzz Buzz homes are both predicting a strong second quarter of new condo project releases for Toronto, they both have good connections with developers..Im just thinking that the rumour of 42 Charles just must of leaked out a bit too soon..it eventually will happen.

I doubt its someones imagination..for instance Urbanation and Buzz Buzz homes are both predicting a strong second quarter of new condo project releases for Toronto, they both have good connections with developers..Im just thinking that the rumour of 42 Charles just must of leaked out a bit too soon..it eventually will happen.

Well, here we go again, this time it is @talkcondo on twitter - they are a respected industry source as well, and they posted this 3 hours ago....

Just received a very exciting phone call regarding Casa 2. Stay tuned.

VIP Release Event for 42 Charles Street - Pre-Construction Condo
42 Charles Street East, is Cresford's newest condo development, in Yorkville, downtown Toronto, Canada's most famous neighborhood. This building is going to be at the YMCA's current location. At 64 stories high this building is going to be designed by Missoni. Units will be priced from the mid 200's. There is a VIP event mid March, the exact date will be determined very soon.

Chaz on Charles is the building across the street and the VIP event was held 8 months ago. Prices in that building are now up $50,000.00 for one bedroom units, and close to $150,000.00 for two bedroom units, in just 8 months. If you want to see similar returns on your investment give me a call at 416-625-6095 or email me at info@sumitsharda.com and I will put you on my VIP guest list.

Makes you wonder where they get their info from. Do they just copy and paste info from Urban toronto and call it there own.....then create hype for a project that doesn't exist......yet.

Yeah dont get it..regarding Missoni if true they are a fashon group with their hands on luxury hotels. Could this be another rumour that this structure will have a hotel component..:confused:

In November 2005, Missoni and the Rezidor Hotel Group signed an agreement to create Hotel Missoni, a lifestyle hotel chain, with plans to have 30 hotels open or in development by 2012. As of March 2011, five properties have been confirmed.
Hotel Missoni Edinburgh - Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom - opened June 8, 2009
Hotel Missoni Kuwait - Kuwait City, Kuwait - opened March 1, 2011
Hotel Missoni Jebel Sifah - Muscat, Oman - opening Q1 2012
Hotel Missoni Ilha de Cajaíba - Bahia, Brazil - opening Q1 2012
Hotel Missoni Belek - Belek, Turkey - opening Q1 2013

IMO 1BE's increase to 70? floors or more would steal 42 Charles initial momentum. So I think Crestford is waiting until this uncertainty has resolved itself.

42 Charles Street East, is Cresford's newest condo development, in Yorkville, downtown Toronto, Canada's most famous neighborhood.

Surely, Westmount is Canada's most famous neighbourhood. Yorkville, is a 'Johnny Come Lately'. Just 40 years ago, it was a hippy neighbourhood with no luxury cache at all.

Surely, Westmount is Canada's most famous neighbourhood. Yorkville, is a 'Johnny Come Lately'. Just 40 years ago, it was a hippy neighbourhood with no luxury cache at all.

And Westmount is a small sliver of what it once was. Surely the present is more important than the distant past!

And Westmount is a small sliver of what it once was. Surely the present is more important than the distant past!

History takes pleasure in showing us that the present is every bit as irrelevant as the distant past. As a PS, Westmount is infinitely more beautiful and historically relevant than Yorkville will ever be.

History takes pleasure in showing us that the present is every bit as irrelevant as the distant past. As a PS, Westmount is infinitely more beautiful and historically relevant than Yorkville will ever be.

It's that mindset that is directly responsible for Montreal's continuing irrelevance. Living in the past is not good for anyone.

I also disagree with Westmount being more relevant aesthetically. Even historically, Yorkville was the heart of Canada's counterculture movement in the 60s.

OMG you guys, who cares. You're arguing on the internet about someones opinion about what Canada's most famous neighbourhood is. Does it really matter?

One thing we know for sure is that with the development at 42 charles Yorkille is establishing it's presence deep in the southeastern corner of it's current domain.

Back