Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

On an un-related note....Crystal Blu is now twice the height of the Uptown...not sure what's going on here as they seemed to be going at a similar pace but things seem to have basically stopped now at the Uptown. Crystal Blu, on the other hand, is now rising.

Considering that Uptown is the taller building, that's no surprise. Crystal Blu is well into the tower portion at this point. Uptown has a larger podium to build first. Or are you saying that all work on Uptown has literally stopped?

Some cell phone pics taken yesterday. More brick work being actively worked on at the front of the lobby. There were actually a lot of people standing around the site admiring the building. The painted balconies now going higher up the building are giving the building a much more "fresh" look from up close. So it looks like the second from the top floor now has the much thicker concrete. I may be completely wrong but I think that the 2nd from the top floor isn't really a floor and just an illusion of one by way of construction. And that the top we're looking now IS the hat. What are your thoughts?

Also here's a pic of that big hunky thing that seems to be sitting now in front of the lobby for more than a month...not sure what it is. Anyways it seemed like the last few weeks going by there wasn't a lot of activity going on but yesterday there was a ton of crew, a lot of noise coming from the site and a lot of spectators too.

On an un-related note....Crystal Blu is now twice the height of the Uptown...not sure what's going on here as they seemed to be going at a similar pace but things seem to have basically stopped now at the Uptown. Crystal Blu, on the other hand, is now rising.

Dventura is absolutely right on that one. The two layers of forms above the penthouse suites are for the CASA "hat". It will be stunning when finished.

Well of course they're related to work on the hat... but I'd say they still need to add at least another 1 or 2 levels of scaffolding. Dventura is suggesting that Cresford is skimping on the hat to give us a somewhat "crushed" hat as opposed to what we've seen in the render and scale model. I can't see why they'd do that.

From this morning...

DSCN4700.jpg

Well, it would be great if the hat could be a bit higher - an extra layer of scaffolding would be a great indication - but as it is now, I would not be surprised if that's it. From the renderings, it's hard to ascertain exactly how high the "hat" will be.

July 8th

I just couldn't resist...

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Last evening. Casa standing tall and proud while basking in the setting sun.

It looks like you got one of your money shots :) (excellent shot!)
I still owe you a sunrise shot, I haven't forgot casaguy. I've been holding out for more glass to achieve a more dramatic effect and completion of the roof so expect one in the next couple of weeks.

Beautiful!
Are those drop ceilings? Those look like HVAC vents in the ceiling.

It certainly looks like in the kitchen area that the cupboards go up to about 7 feet high and then there is a bulk head of sorts that is another 2 feet higher to the ceiling. (Which is not at all how the model suite for this unit was). However I'm kinda glad the ceiling does not drop down over the kitchen area. Instead it just drops down over the counter.

Also, it looks like there is a partial dropped down ceiling in the master bedroom that would also run the length of the dressing area, tub and toliet rooms. I believe the model suite was like this.

July 9th

Casa from above. Not a great shot with the late afternoon sun shining into the camera lens, I'll do better soon

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back