Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

progress

Progress towards completion is very rapid. Insulation and lighting installations for the lobby are well underway; and (this one was relayed to me by an acquaintance) the crane to take down the crane has arrived. Once this baby is lit, all eyes will be on Charles Street!

Here is a photo from today showing the upper lobby.

Attachments

• IMG00712.jpg
    IMG00712.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 204
September 20 2009 update

The view from Charles + Balmuto ~

Click to Enlarge Thumbnails

wow the Yonge and Bloor Skyline itself is starting to rival that of other cities... :cool:

Daily Commercial News

Casa Condos soaring skyward in Toronto
September 21, 2009

110.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Work continues on the Casa Condos in Toronto. Construction manager DJ Campbell Construction Ltd. began the 47-storey, 404-unit project with eight levels of parking in spring 2007. Completion is expected in fall 2009.

The owner is Cresford Development and the project was designed by architectsAlliance. Consultants are Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural) and Able Engineering Inc. (mechanical/electrical).

Subtrades include: Magine Contractors (1994) Inc. (excavation); Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); Delgant 2000 Ltd. (formwork); Salit Steel (rebar); Innocon Inc. (concrete supply); University Plumbing & Heating; Jay Electric Ltd.; Roman Metal Fabricating Ltd. (misc. metals); Aluminum Window Designs; and CNIM Canada Group (elevators).

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/article/id35385

Crane is going down today, here's a snap I took 10 minutes ago through the haze:

dsc08810w.jpg

Looks like Redroom S got the final orgasmic shots before the crane was removed!

Note how the Uptown, Crystal Blues, and X cranes come into view here.:)

I'm not so sure about that...I drove past around 5pm and the crane wasn't going anywhere just yet.

Beautiful, Redroom, as always!

That's Saint Andrew's United.

Back