Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

Casaguy, I hit the roof as soon as the sun peeked above the eastern horizon but missed the money-shot. I'll try again soon.

From above, 6am Sept. 1

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Hey, which building do you live in? I think we might be neighbours?

1 September 2009 photo update

@7:42PM tonight, I can finally see Crystal Bust rising, X coming into view as well:

dsc08266i.jpg

Right from the latest CASA newsletter:

"Underground:
While structurally the parking garage has been complete for quite some time, final touches are coming together with the completion of traffic topping; a layer that seals the concrete from the external elements such as temperature change, and tracking in salt.

Main Level:
In the lobby, the steel structure work for the 5 storey glass walls are complete. Installation of the aluminum frame system for the lobby windows has also begun.

Amenities - 5th floor:
Work is well underway on the amenity spaces on the fifth floor of CASA. Inside, the ceiling and electrical rough-ins are complete. Outside, waterproofing has begun on the exterior space.

THE SUITES:
Installation up to the 15th floor:
Pre engineered hardwood and carpeted flooring.

Installation up to the 22nd floor:
Kitchen and bathroom vanity countertops.

Installation up to the 25th floor:
Kitchen cabinetry.

Installation up to the 29th floor:
Tiles.

Installation up to the 39th floor:
Drywalls.

Installation up to the 40th floor:
Rough plumbing and electrical.

Installation up to the 45th floor:
Windoes.

Getting to the top:
The elevator contractor is working at full speed on the installation of elevator rails and machine room."

I just saw rumors that BSN has run out of financing...I find this hard to beleive at this stage of the game. If Cresford really is short of cash is there a possibility that they will skimp on what remains to be completed for CASA ie. the lobby, landscaping and amenities? I know they want to sell those penthouses...not sure how many have been sold until now.

Here is a shot I took of Casa yesterday... it's the only shot I could take because it was wedged in between 2 buildings:

3887891044_ce499c4fb3_b.jpg

Photo by me: steveve

enjoy :)

Sexy indeed.

I'm glad Cresford's finally figured out the correct way to do a banner.

Simple. Branded. You can read it from more than a kilometre away.

The website is where you put all the details. Not on the banner.

Now that all temporary support bits and pieces are gone from under the mortarboard, and we can see that its supports are inset from the skin of the building below, the overhang of the mortarboard now looks appropriately exaggerated. Hooray for perception over reality!

Sept 7th

The attention to detail so impresses me here. The east side of the bricked above ground parking level even has attractive treatments for fresh air return which can be seen in the first photo. It's not quite complete yet but one can't help but be impressed by not only small details such as this but of course the project as a whole.

The second and third photos are updates of the front lobby as of today.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

The balconies are now complete and painted up to approx the 40th floor. They have completed the drywall at the top of the lobby.

Last night the lights were on in some of the units on the 6th and 7th floors. It looked really cool being able to see into the units slightly.

I'm starting to get a little concerned though about them really being ready to occupy the first week of December. Let me know if anyone feels the same. I believe they wont have any problem getting all the units finished. The big thing that's getting to me is the slow pace I've seen of things moving on the lobby...unless it's their intent to do that while moving a million things in and out of the building at this point and then will be able to do it all very quickly once that is all done. My thinking here is that they would have to have the lobby more or less done by November 1st and then have a month to clean things up all around. That would give 6 weeks to more of less see the whole lobby take shape. Does anyone see this happening given the pace of the progress on it to date?

Once they get the lobby closed in the various trades can continue with the details within. So long as the contractor has the trades scheduled accordingly and delivery of the materials, I'm sure it will move along quickly.
The most important thing to get occupancy is by the building inspector and fire department to ensure that everything meets code.

Back