Toronto Carmelina Condos | 38.1m | 12s | Tre Memovia | TACT Architecture

Really, this is just the kind of project we need spread throughout the city. These midrise 'avenue' buildings are soo nice

Danforth side render
CarmelinaRend1.jpg

Back side render
CarmelinaRend2.jpg

Siteplan
CarmelinaRend3.jpg

Looking west from the 12th floor.
CarmelinaRend4.jpg

Looking east from the 12th floor.
CarmelinaRend5.jpg

Looking south from the 12th floor.
CarmelinaRend6.jpg

Looking north from the 12th floor.
CarmelinaRend7.jpg

Really, this is just the kind of project we need spread throughout the city. These midrise 'avenue' buildings are soo nice

Totally agree savevp, these types of buildings are very attractive and easy to live with. Would like to see them all along the Danforth, Lakeshore West and the Queensway, among others.

Just to give you a little history of this site. It was a grocery store, then a hardware store and one of the biggest fires in Toronto history, and now a condo. A very interesting history!

Just to note, this site is being developed by the same brothers who owned the hardware store - John, Frank and Carlo - hence, JFC Properties.

As someone who lives in the neighbourhood, I am THRILLED about this development. Some much needed (and overdue) density along the Danforth (really - most of the Danforth should be at this scale) and how awesome is it that most of the Danforth frontage is retail? Just a small hallway entrance back to the elevators. As it should be... a very urban front.

As someone who lives in the neighbourhood, I am THRILLED about this development. Some much needed (and overdue) density along the Danforth (really - most of the Danforth should be at this scale) and how awesome is it that most of the Danforth frontage is retail? Just a small hallway entrance back to the elevators. As it should be... a very urban front.

I love the Danforth but not much of a fan of it once you head east of Main.

Great design, but aren't there a few issues to be dealt with. Such as the height that really isn't in touch with the surrounding area, the lack of privacy afforded to residents who live behind the site, and parking. At 12 storeys, that would mean more than 60 parking spaces at minimum. I'd trade off height for new upgrades to parks, Woodbine station etc.

I love the Danforth but not much of a fan of it once you head east of Main.

And why would that be? It's a pretty vibrant and busy strip. Yeah there are some problems with prostitution, but there are also high rise condos downtown where similar acts are performed as well.

Probably because it isn't true. But hey, I've been known to be wrong on occasion. Seems a little far-fetched however.

Here's another article about the trial:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/toronto/trial-begins-in-arson-that-killed-one/article2026077/

I never heard about the 6 bodies found. The media hasn't revealed that for some reason.

Police never released the information because it was an ongoing investigation at the time--maybe still is today but a few reporters know about it and the community is aware of it including a close friend who owns several properties along danforth within 2 minutes of this location.

They have wiretaps of him--meaning they had probable cause beforehand to listen in and investigate him.

Back