Toronto Canary Commons | 42.06m | 12s | DundeeKilmer | a—A

Underway. Lot of arches
3396EAD4-95CC-42AA-9018-8AB7C925A6AC.jpeg
6143C2DF-2D22-4D24-B742-4B485932DED1.jpeg
31EAFAC1-425F-4A7A-B7F4-FC157CBCFA74.jpeg

I’m also not really sure about these new bike rings. Looks like an angle grinder could go through them like butter.

6F89E05E-FB68-4900-A398-A40F3ECD95D4.jpeg

That’s what I thought too! The space doesn’t seem big enough for even a Rabba sized grocery/convenience Store if they’re going to put a restaurant in there too.

The arches are for a restaurant. The grocery store will be to the left of that space.
Whats your source? there's only one street access entry door, so even if there were some restaurant/eating space, i imagine it would be a fast casual take-out geared spot with some seats run by the Marcheleo, similar to the Rabba/Paramount model

Whats your source? there's only one street access entry door, so even if there were some restaurant/eating space, i imagine it would be a fast casual take-out geared spot with some seats run by the Marcheleo, similar to the Rabba/Paramount model
Both are using the same door. You’ll walk in and go through a second set of doors for the grocery store, or straight for the restaurant. Looks more substantial than a Rabba/Paramount combo as it has booths and a bar. (I’ve seen the floor plans)

Both are using the same door. You’ll walk in and go through a second set of doors for the grocery store, or straight for the restaurant. Looks more substantial than a Rabba/Paramount combo as it has booths and a bar. (I’ve seen the floor plans)
can you share them with us or direct us to them?

We've tried out every restaurant on that strip of Front, and none are really worth going back to, considering how out of the way it is. A grocery store would help make it less out of the way, but a really good restaurant could be a real benefit to the area.

The Aviary is pretty nice if you have kids and are already at Corktown Common, but I definitely wouldn't go out of my way for any of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Aviary is pretty nice if you have kids and are already at Corktown Common, but I definitely wouldn't go out of my way for any of them.
Souk Tabule and Sukhothai are really good in my opinion. And Souk usually seems busy especially in the summer.

More people coming to the area in the coming years with Canary Landing/ Canary House plus some new developments sure to come (Block 13, Foundry) will probably attract better retail in general.

Just double checked their site, and while they still list the Front St site, they are also planning to set up shop down in Queens Quay… a super centre. Hrm

FB40466C-7CF3-433D-9D21-3CF54435BD08.jpeg

yup. perhaps they backed out and went for something bigger
I'd love to know what lease agreement lets you back out after you've already started fit up! Unless they paid a very significant break fee, I can't see the landlord having any interest in allowing it.

Back