Toronto California Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

actually it was really %12,Camrost took some of the slow moving expensive larger units and divided them into two smaller units for the Sunset promotion.

Nov 15
6349766244_f2aafd1f6e_b.jpg

6349765356_d215fe0d8a_b.jpg

6349521094_efd61ca873_b.jpg

6348770479_e15ce3cbcc_b.jpg

6349521566_6bd410ea8a_b.jpg

6349522662_915388915e_b.jpg

6349079813_d9fa0645a3_b.jpg

Embarrassing. California would reject such garbage.

It's located in Toronto Life's best places to buy for 2012. I'm sure those who were fortunate to purchase in the area would consider the unstable markets in California the real embarrassment. The building is pretty ugly though.:D

I don't understand why people view this as being especially ugly? It appears to be on par with its surroundings. If anything, the podium appears to be better-than-average for the area.

Embarrassing. California would reject such garbage.

LOL...yes, because LA's suburbs are bursting at the seams with MUCH BETTER proposals. Lets not kid ourselves here. LA (California's biggest city) would get down on its knees and beg for this building's podium alone to be built 1km from the centre of downtown, let alone the suburbs :rolleyes:

California? How?

I don't get it either :confused:

Last edited:
So this is confirmed ... the originally proposed swimming pool on the top floor of Califonia condos (cool feature) has been scrapped, instead a pool is built on the 4th floor terrace, as seen in the box added on at the base of the tower ...

I would have loved to go for a swim with a beautiful view of the city but can you imagine there were a problem with the plumbing, what a disaster :confused:

So this is confirmed ... the originally proposed swimming pool on the top floor of Califonia condos (cool feature) has been scrapped, instead a pool is built on the 4th floor terrace, as seen in the box added on at the base of the tower ...

LOL...predictable cheapening.

The podium is better-than-average? It's reprehensible! This is all built along the Mimico Creek valley, where the city is proposing to complete new bike paths down to Humber Bay shores, and when you look up from that in the future, you're going to see four floors of an ugly parking garage - that's the podium! How could they not have faced the east edge with condo units? Why not treat the valley, filled with trees, and with the creek at the bottom, as an amenity, instead of turning its back on it? It's beyond bizarre, it's practically obscene. What could have been a really pleasant area will now be a great spot for drug dealing. It's akin to the asinine practice here in the 50s, 60s, 70s of apartment buildings built along the lake that blocked the lake and put surface parking lots up. Insane!

I don't understand why people view this as being especially ugly? It appears to be on par with its surroundings. If anything, the podium appears to be better-than-average for the area.

And is it true that plans were scrapped for the penthouse swimming pool? The ads for this building were built on that feature. If true, and purchasers are not allowed out of this building with full interests on their deposits, then there is no justice in the land of condo sales contracts. There's all this news about purchasers trying to back out of Trump - where's the news about this bait-and-switch? To my kind, this would be a major black eye for Camrost. Potentially appalling.

…anyway, the whole project is inelegant, jamming buildings in cheek-by-jowl with no regard to views, etc. Yuck.

My concern is if they are cutting back on pool it is save cost, why - lack of sales, budget overruns etc. I have a theory that other cuts will be made, poorer quality choices in building options that will affect the long term funds of the condo. It means that higher maintenance fees to cover all this. Example if a building spend the money on quality like high quality plumbing, in the long run maintenance should be less as there should be less breaks/leaks. another example is a better quality of elevators, may translate to less breaks and costly fixes, you see where am going with this.

Condos should be rated as in their quality of materials and ability to keep maintenance and replacement costs down. I fear that there is a trend for lower quality and then let the condo board and residents to fund the high maintenance.

Back