Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

^Not really a fair bet. S-La has at least 16 more floors than Burano. Wouldn't surprise me, however, if SL was the first to hit the 48th floor. (or 50th, depending on who you believe).

Nov. 13, 2010

A couple from my Blackberry from this afternoon...

Attachments

• IMG00417-20101113-1351.jpg
    IMG00417-20101113-1351.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG00418-20101113-1352.jpg
    IMG00418-20101113-1352.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 188
I don't mind the shape of the tower, but the podium look on the south side could have been put to better use. (maybe a few extra stories would be nice.)

looks like it will be identical to Murano, except its shape is a bit off-centre.

The glass isn't staggered every second floor which, to me, is a wonderful feature of Murano

Thank god we wont have 3 identical glass boxes..

Burano really isn't a boxy point tower like it's beautiful cousins across the street so they wouldn't have been identical at all, also consider the base of the building will be nothing like the Muranos.

Something concerns me about this project. I decided to walk past it this morning to view the windows being installed, walking south on the east side of Bay. It seemed to me the reflections off of each window pane was grossly distorted similar to a fun house mirror. Is this sign of cheap or warped panes or frames?

Something concerns me about this project. I decided to walk past it this morning to view the windows being installed, walking south on the east side of Bay. It seemed to me the reflections off of each window pane was grossly distorted similar to a fun house mirror. Is this sign of cheap or warped panes or frames?

I believe it is done on purpose so that birds will not fly into the building.

This is such a painfully boring project. There, I said it. The podium will be handsome I'm sure, but otherwise, meh.

Back