News   Apr 24, 2024
 122     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 396     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 459     0 

Toronto Breweries, Brew Pubs, Bottle Shops

Why the hell are there 74 breweries in Toronto?! Wow, that's quite the market saturation.

A pint for every neighbourhood! Cool resource though, cheers.

Good news - craft brewery The Six (located on Dundas just west of Bathurst) is closing for good and will be replaced by the fantastic Collective Arts!! Every beer fan should be thrilled about this, since The Six was one of those phoney craft brewers that seemed more intent on appearing cool rather than actually making great beer (don't get me started about those kinds of places). Moreover, Collective Arts stated that their Toronto outpost will be dedicated to experimental brewing!! Love it.

This makes me incredibly happy. Although, there is something special about going to Hamilton's industrial sector and drinking/buying beer that just can't be replicated here.

I haven't been to their original location - worth checking out? Any other good breweries there?

I haven't been to their original location - worth checking out? Any other good breweries there?

Merit Brewery on James Street North is good. Clifford Brewing - in a postwar industrial area on the other side of the Red Hill Valley - offers amazing quality, though with less variety and output that Collective Arts offers.

Red Tape Brewery has opened at 159 Main Street, intersection with Gerrard East:

Good news - craft brewery The Six (located on Dundas just west of Bathurst) is closing for good and will be replaced by the fantastic Collective Arts!! Every beer fan should be thrilled about this, since The Six was one of those phoney craft brewers that seemed more intent on appearing cool rather than actually making great beer (don't get me started about those kinds of places).

Mate....that stupid name alone is enough for any serious person, let alone beer drinker, to not have patronised that place.

The Six, my eye.

That moniker needs to die....if only because of its provenance.

I love Collective Arts though, defo my top 3 Ontario brewers. <3

Brewing supply store, Toronto Brewing Co., is finally opening a second location downtown (the original is all the way up at Downsview) on Geary Avenue! It will also include a bottle shop, which is a smart idea. As an amateur home brewer, this is exciting news to me. I hated going all the way to North York!

Brewing supply store, Toronto Brewing Co., is finally opening a second location downtown (the original is all the way up at Downsview) on Geary Avenue! It will also include a bottle shop, which is a smart idea. As an amateur home brewer, this is exciting news to me. I hated going all the way to North York!

Ahem.....Geary avenue is downtown?

When did this happen?

LOL

Back