News   Apr 24, 2024
 698     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 907     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 560     0 

Toronto Breweries, Brew Pubs, Bottle Shops

Close enough I'd say, even if it's not technically in the heart of downtown. It's certainly well within the "old" city.

Ok, you're asking for me to make fun of you now! LOL

If that is downtown (measuring for the nearest point of Geary, to a very liberal idea of downtown's outer boundary (Queen's Park + Bloor))..........

Then so is this, because its equally distant north and east of Sherbourne + Bloor

1614703097664.png

Doesn't look very downtown to me!

I think you've been too far north-west for too long, it's affecting your sense of geography!

:p

True History Brewing will be opening at St. Clair W & Westmount (just east of Dufferin). It'll replace the Big Slice restaurant, which is moving a couple blocks west.

Nickel Brook Brewing will be opening a new facility and taproom at 1589 The Queensway (near the East Mall) in Etobicoke. The space was previously held by Big Rock Brewery for their operations here.

Quick interview from Great Lakes Brewery's owner about their new space at Daniels Waterfront:

What’s the space like?

The brewpub will take up approximately 6,000 square feet, feature a 7-barrel brewhouse with multiple 15-barrel fermenters and boast 20 taps. There will be two patios, 120 seats, plenty of natural light, (a) full kitchen and an extensive retail store.

What kind of place are you hoping to build?

Like the Etobicoke location, the brewpub will capture the essence of our brewery, our brand, our people. It will be a welcoming and inclusive place that showcases the creativity of our brewers and our chef and a place where consistency and quality will thrive. It will be fun and friendly — a community hub where locals and visitors can come together over great beer and stellar food.

Brewing supply store, Toronto Brewing Co., is finally opening a second location downtown (the original is all the way up at Downsview) on Geary Avenue! It will also include a bottle shop, which is a smart idea. As an amateur home brewer, this is exciting news to me. I hated going all the way to North York!

Toronto Brewing Co's brewing supply and bottle shop on the PERIPHERY OF DOWNTOWN on Geary Avenue is now open! ;)

While this thread is at the top... I checked in with the people at GLB, because they had originally said that their brewpub in the Daniels building was due to open in September. They said they had some delays due to the Covid lockdown and pause on non-essential construction, but they hope to be open by Christmas.

Photos and info of the new Mascot Brewery Etobicoke at 37 Advance Road, in the area south-east of Kipling station:

Photos and write-up of the new Beertown Toronto at Wellington & University:

Last edited:

Back