News   Mar 28, 2024
 106     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 564     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 358     0 

Toronto Breweries, Brew Pubs, Bottle Shops

On the topic of Godspeed Brewery, I had dinner at "Favorites Thai BBQ" on Ossington during the weekend and my friend ordered a green tea IPA which was brewed by them. It was alright based on what I was told after.

20220812_190947.jpg
20220812_190952.jpg

Woodhouse Brewing is closing their brewpub at 303 Lansdowne (formerly Lot 30 Brewers/Lansdowne Brewery) due to merging with Junction Craft Brewing and will operate and sell out of the fantastic art deco facility on Symes Road where Junction Craft has been located for a number of years.

The spot at 303 Lansdowne being vacated will re-open as another small craft brewery (no word as to who yet), which gives me hope because I was very unhappy with how Woodhouse renovated (ie, ruined) the previously great space.

Steadfast Brewing Co will be opening at the 303 Lansdowne location:

Can't believe you scooped me on this! I took a pic of the new sign a few weeks ago but just didn't get around to posting it here, and then sure enough, there's @AlbertC stealing my thunder on my own turf! ;)

There's still an opportunity to scoop the forum on trying out the first pint here when it opens though. 😄

More images and coverage of True History Brewing at St. Clair West & Westmount:

2F966576-92A9-4250-A2B5-8BE213A48911.jpeg

Opening night at Steadfast Brewing at Lansdowne and College. Having a very smooth wheat beer. Also sampled a hot pepper citrus IPA, infused with ghost pepper - my mouth is on fire!! Anyways, promising start for this brewpub after a rather feeble tenure by Woodhouse previously.

In your face, @AlbertC ! 😁

View attachment 426006

Opening night at Steadfast Brewing at Lansdowne and College. Having a very smooth wheat beer. Also sampled a hot pepper citrus IPA, infused with ghost pepper - my mouth is on fire!! Anyways, promising start for this brewpub after a rather feeble tenure by Woodhouse previously.

In your face, @AlbertC ! 😁

Side Launch and Muddy York produce my favourite local wheat beers. How does this compare?

Side Launch and Muddy York produce my favourite local wheat beers. How does this compare?
Side Launch is better. Haven't had the Muddy York one. What bugged me a bit about the Steadfast version was the minimal head and lack of hazy appearance that a solid wheat beer should have.

Side Launch is one of the best wheat beers you can buy in Ontario, so it's unlikely some local brewery that just opened is going to be nearly as good.

When they have it, Great Lakes Morgenmuffel is quite good. Probably the closest I've seen a local weisse come to Side Launch. Weihenstephaner is still the standard I use to judge all weissbiers though...

When they have it, Great Lakes Morgenmuffel is quite good. Probably the closest I've seen a local weisse come to Side Launch. Weihenstephaner is still the standard I use to judge all weissbiers though...
I'm a fan of Erdinger myself. Blanche de Chambly is also solid. I'm very curious about that GLB!

I'm a fan of Erdinger myself. Blanche de Chambly is also solid. I'm very curious about that GLB!
I figure it won't come back til summer now, but perhaps they'll surprise us sooner. Would love to see a local dunkelweizen though, I like the Erdinger Dunkel quite a bit.

Back