Toronto Boutique Condos | 106.37m | 35s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

• Thread starter superdeduperawesome
  • Start date
As you stated, re sale prices are quite high, but they are not selling. Prices will have to come down if they expect them to move.

That's interesting because there are other buildings with equivalent quality/finishes that are priced quite high that are selling. Maybe it has to do with the views and the area. Most of the views at Boutique are pretty crappy (I'm talking about the 1st phase). Also, there's no grocery store.

Units at MLS, Casa, Murano, London on The Esplanade, etc...all comparable buildings seem to be selling.

That's interesting because there are other buildings with equivalent quality/finishes that are priced quite high that are selling. Maybe it has to do with the views and the area. Most of the views at Boutique are pretty crappy (I'm talking about the 1st phase). Also, there's no grocery store.

Units at MLS, Casa, Murano, London on The Esplanade, etc...all comparable buildings seem to be selling.
Maybe it does have something to do with the area or views. I am not sure. I do feel that the units I have looked at for sale in phase 1 are very overpriced.

Overall, I like the Building.

Phase 1 north views are pretty crap. It's that damn parking lot. It will be nicer when there's a development to look at instead.
I haven't seen the south views, but I'd imagine they're pretty awesome, with the whole financial district skyline and the CN Tower and lake. (Depending how high up you are) The first few floors on the south side would suck, as they're looking to the back of restaurants and bars and over an alley.

As for the noise, yes it is from that parking lot on Friday and Saturday nights. It's not SUPER bad, but it's annoying enough. I wouldn't want all clubs to be closed down in this area, but I think definitely that residential right next to clubs does not work.

Phase 1 north views are pretty crap. It's that damn parking lot. It will be nicer when there's a development to look at instead.
I haven't seen the south views, but I'd imagine they're pretty awesome, with the whole financial district skyline and the CN Tower and lake. (Depending how high up you are) The first few floors on the south side would suck, as they're looking to the back of restaurants and bars and over an alley.

As for the noise, yes it is from that parking lot on Friday and Saturday nights. It's not SUPER bad, but it's annoying enough. I wouldn't want all clubs to be closed down in this area, but I think definitely that residential right next to clubs does not work.
I assume you are facing North. What floor are you on? Did you buy pre construction or re sale?

Yes, you are right about the South view. My friend lives on the 11th floor facing south. At night the view is super nice.

5 June 2010:

dsc08687.jpg

Forgot to post this shot yesterday. These balconies will be a pain in the ass to replace in 50 years when they've weathered away but in the meantime they look great.

4677170170_744a4bc1a3.jpg

Nice pic...sign sign everywhere a sign, to bad about the 3rd world infastructure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D59ZWa8ehgI

The third world barely has running water, lighting, electricity, paving and transit like streetcars. I've had enough of these ridiculous comments about our infrastructure. We get it, Toronto's streetscape is messy, I'm not denying it. We don't need to hear it in every thread though.

To be more on topic, it took me a second to find Boutique in UD's shot. Sometimes I forget how massive the bank towers are, and how they crush everything around them.

The only thing I would add is that it just isn't the third world that's running out of water and other resources. There's going to be a global nightmare in the coming decades and probably sooner as resources are stripped trying to sustain a population that is simply too large especially with the consumption lifestyle we enjoy.

Something has to give. My brother who went to Guelph for biology and zooiology was talking about this for a very long time. He said the shits going to hit the fan starting in our lifetime and it won't be pretty..... And Boutique turned out better than I thought. I had to leave with a upbeat note....

The only thing I would add is that it just isn't the third world that's running out of water and other resources. There's going to be a global nightmare in the coming decades and probably sooner as resources are stripped trying to sustain a population that is simply too large especially with the consumption lifestyle we enjoy.

Something has to give. My brother who went to Guelph for biology and zooiology was talking about this for a very long time. He said the shits going to hit the fan starting in our lifetime and it won't be pretty..... And Boutique turned out better than I thought. I had to leave with a upbeat note....

People have been talking about this since the days of Marx, but remember that necessity is the mother of invention... as well as innovation.

Back