Toronto Boutique Condos | 106.37m | 35s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

• Thread starter superdeduperawesome
  • Start date
Scotia is probably our best. Great design, high quality materials, funky colour, ageing very well.

I dunno; somehow, I still can't help getting this "SkyscraperCity-era entropy" vibe about judging Scotia Plaza #1. Or it's like a generation that doesn't "get" Woodstock yet feels a nostalgic warmth about the Payola$ or Colin James...

4 May 2010 update: Once again, the sky and clouds to the rescue! The tower is turning out much better than the phase one slab I think.

dsc03357a.jpg

striking photo urbandreamer! I just love the architecture in that photo! The red brick-era buildings look really nice, and Boutique is perfect because it is a hybrid of old and new! The Ritz/RBC look amazing in the background of the photo, they just tower over everything! The Ritz is just an amazing skyscraper! its totally unobstructed! Its hard to put it into words :D

I always thought the central skyline looking from the West was kind of ugly. Looking from the East you have nice midrise, brick buildings and then a wall of bank towers rising from it - beautiful. But on the west side of the CBD it just looks messy to me. Boutique and these other towers in King West should do wonders to camouflage the mess :)

It's messy, but the textures and layers are great. Go up to the second floor of the Chapters at Richmond/John, the way the way the CBD rises up from the mix of old industrial warehouses looks great.

I prefer the east side views as well... the residential built form is much more consistent and pleasing to the eye. I've always found that the city looks much bigger from the east. I guess a lot of this new construction in the Entertianment district and farther west is starting to change that perception but it does still look quite messy and random. Anyways, as Ive said before Boutique is a great addition in height and style to the western edge of the financial core...

Hey! Outstanding shots you got there! Makes me regret not going to doors open day :(... amazing contributions Ritz/RBC/Boutique have made to this side of town!

The Ritz/RBC look SO good together its not even funny!

Back