Toronto BMO Field Renovations | ?m | ?s | MLSE | Gensler

I was under the impression that they cover the seats with blue T-shirts before games. The much larger aesthetic issue is the north end zone in relation to the seats. I guess it's just yet another case and symptom of the Argos being the B-tenant of their home stadium.
T-shirts were only for home opener, not sure if they had a separate giveaway for further games.

Theirs nothing that can be done with the north End while the Argos are playing since there's not enough room to fit more stands due to the end zone

heirs nothing that can be done with the north End while the Argos are playing since there's not enough room to fit more stands due to the end zone

Plus the food building is right behind BMO at the north end. Alos the stands they had there were originally temporary and put there for a friendly against a team form europe and then later for the all star game and then kept after it.

The last version of the North stand wasn't temporary. It was a fully built stand, demolished to make room for the Argos.

The last version of the North stand wasn't temporary. It was a fully built stand, demolished to make room for the Argos.

It was built a little more then temporary but the original idea of the space was it was supposed to be like aptio or beer garden for poel to watch the game much like how Rogers has turned the old Windows Restaurant into the WestJet Flight deck .

8d3caaea-9741-4cae-8cc1-09891289129f_zpssnv9wmpq.jpg

I first saw it last Saturday at the TFC game which made BMO field still look like a construction zone, I wonder when the scaffolding is going get removed for the south stand canopy.
Are they putting a second level on the South Stand?
Their adding temporary seats for the Grey Cup, Centenial Classic and maybe TFC playoffs

I first saw it last Saturday at the TFC game which made BMO field still look like a construction zone, I wonder when the scaffolding is going get removed for the south stand canopy.

Their adding temporary seats for the Grey Cup, Centenial Classic and maybe TFC playoffs

Nice, interesting!

Actually they were first noticable for the wednesday match before that against Orlando.....I remember thinking "can't wait to see them this saturday against DC...by then the entire width of the stadium will have them" and then showing up on the Saturday to see "oh, that is exactly how far they had gotten on Wednesday"....I may even tune into tomorrow's Argo game to see if any progress has been made.

Had a look at the Argos broadcast early in their game and the temp stands in the south end now seem to pretty much stretch the width of the stadium.

I walked by that forest of scaffolding last week and just looking at it made me uncomfortable. Can't imagine sitting on the top row, no way I could concentrate on a game!

Back