Toronto BMO Field Renovations | ?m | ?s | MLSE | Gensler

The Grey Cup and the Centennial Classic outdoor hockey game

cut.jpeg

Although the way the tried to price gouge for the Grey Cup they probably didn't really need the extra seats for it.

The Grey Cup and the Centennial Classic outdoor hockey game

cut.jpeg
I've also read they would use the seats for a potential MLS Cup final and I wouldn't be surprised if they would use them for the conference final, they should be done putting them together by then since the Grey Cup is less then a week later

TFC is having problems selling out its first ever home playoff game after setting the prices too high.

Considering MLSE's ticket price policy I'm not sure extra seats would be needed for an MLS Cup final.

TFC is having problems selling out its first ever home playoff game after setting the prices too high.

Considering MLSE's ticket price policy I'm not sure extra seats would be needed for an MLS Cup final.
Not to suprised with not selling out wedsndays game due to tight timeline and if they progress the rest of the games will sellout, Sunday's game is already selling better then knockout game since a lot of fans had to choose between the 2 games

Not to suprised with not selling out wedsndays game due to tight timeline and if they progress the rest of the games will sellout, Sunday's game is already selling better then knockout game since a lot of fans had to choose between the 2 games

The tickets had been on sale for weeks.

MLSE got greedy and over-priced the tickets.

My tickets for the Wednesday game were $45. Last year they were $30 (even though the game never happened).

I'm also not understanding your point about fans having to choose between the 2 games? Why is that?

The tickets had been on sale for weeks.

MLSE got greedy and over-priced the tickets.

My tickets for the Wednesday game were $45. Last year they were $30 (even though the game never happened).

I'm also not understanding your point about fans having to choose between the 2 games? Why is that?
Tickets were made available to season ticket holders weeks ago, additional tickets 2 weeks ago. General public was released a few days later and the date was only confirmed on Sunday. Feels like they started pushing selling tickets this week so not to suprised with not selling out. General public tickets do seem pretty pricey and it being Wednesday game. I'm sure Sunday vs NYCFC will sell out if we advance

Its a joke how high prices were set. This is the teams first ever home playoff game in 10 years and should be written off as a show of appreciation to the fans. Tickets should have been $10 for the uppers and $20 for the lowers and then gone back to regular price for the next games if they progressed. Its going to be a real embarassement if they cant fill the stadium tomorrow night.

Although the way the tried to price gouge for the Grey Cup they probably didn't really need the extra seats for it.
Well those extra seats are the best selling seats for the grey cup....not much left in those seats ....but lots left elsewhere.

Its a joke how high prices were set. This is the teams first ever home playoff game in 10 years and should be written off as a show of appreciation to the fans. Tickets should have been $10 for the uppers and $20 for the lowers and then gone back to regular price for the next games if they progressed. Its going to be a real embarassement if they cant fill the stadium tomorrow night.
that is quite a business model....sell seats for a playoff game at up to 80% off of what the seats were for regular season?

And if the match is not sold out for tomorrow night....who should we be embarrassed to? Hint: last year in the knockout phase DC United drew under 12k for their home match and Montreal (aided by a hundreds of travelling TFC supporters) didn't quite crack the 19k mark for theirs. It has, historically, been a hard match to market/sell (partly due to timing relative to end of year and partly due to iffy/questionable weather in the Northeast of North America and the knockout match being an evening midweek match).

Opening round of MLS playoffs always has terrible attendance. Hell most teams draw better in the regular season then the playoffs. It is what it is. A combination of casual fans only wanting to go to games when it is warm and the fact that MLS playoffs aren't that big of a deal yet.

2nd level south stand coming along:
2016-11-17 12.44.32.jpg
2016-11-17 12.44.31.jpg
2016-11-17 12.44.34.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-11-17 12.44.32.jpg
    2016-11-17 12.44.32.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 924
  • 2016-11-17 12.44.31.jpg
    2016-11-17 12.44.31.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 973
  • 2016-11-17 12.44.34.jpg