Toronto BMO Field Renovations | ?m | ?s | MLSE | Gensler

https://twitter.com/TFC_GroundsDept/status/741317967145775104

vIgkhZM.jpg

Here is how it looked at kick off for the first Argo game to take place there

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGjiVxSliIe/

Is that it for expansion or are there future phases still planned?
that's it as far as current plans go.....there is, of course, the ability to add temporary seating at both ends for special events (Grey Cup....outdoor NHL games, etc) but actual expansion is not planned at the minute.

The stadium looks stupid in CFL configuration with the stands ending where they do on the north end.

The field is off centre compared to the stands. I.e the middle of the stands does not align with the middle of the field in CFL configuration. Centreing the field would have required more significant demolition of the south end supporters stands.

The field is off centre compared to the stands. I.e the middle of the stands does not align with the middle of the field in CFL configuration. Centreing the field would have required more significant demolition of the south end supporters stands.

I know why they did it. It still doesn't look right. Makes the stadium look half-assed.

It's a bit better in soccer configuration, although the removal of the north stands kind of detracts from the overall look of the stadium as well.

Went down to the Argos' game last night with a friend that is a season ticket holder....football is not my sport but I have to say if you are ever gonna enjoy that sport it will be in a stadium like BMO....it seems perfect for the event that is a CFL match....so, if you at all consider yourself a football fan, I would encourage you to take in a game....it really works inside that stadium.

Went down to the Argos' game last night with a friend that is a season ticket holder....football is not my sport but I have to say if you are ever gonna enjoy that sport it will be in a stadium like BMO....it seems perfect for the event that is a CFL match....so, if you at all consider yourself a football fan, I would encourage you to take in a game....it really works inside that stadium.

Agree. The Argos haven't really had a suitable stadium since 1975 at Exhibition Stadium (before it was re-configured for baseball). We've had 3 generations of Torontonians who've never experienced the football atmosphere most Americans and other Canadians take for granted. I went to the home opener and the atmosphere was terrific. It was night and day between it and Skydome. This won't be a quick fix but there seemed to be a common acknowledgement that the Argonauts will eventually prosper here. BMO is a wonderful football venue.

It's a tremendous relief and weight off to the football die hards who've kept this franchise alive through many dark depressing years. This is the oldest professional football team in north America so it would have been a horrible cultural loss to see it go.

Last edited:
Friday:

CNE 2016 by Marcus Mitanis, on Flickr

My only gripe with the BMO Field Argos set up is the sea of red seats that clashes with the Argos Blue and all the fans jerseys. They should consider having ad-sponsored blue seat covers for Argos home games.

My only gripe with the BMO Field Argos set up is the sea of red seats that clashes with the Argos Blue and all the fans jerseys. They should consider having ad-sponsored blue seat covers for Argos home games.
That can be fixed by selling out the stadium, or at the very least the lower bowl :)

I was under the impression that they cover the seats with blue T-shirts before games. The much larger aesthetic issue is the north end zone in relation to the seats. I guess it's just yet another case and symptom of the Argos being the B-tenant of their home stadium.

Back