BMO Field Renovations | ?m | ?s | MLSE | Gensler

ChesterCopperpot

Member Bio
Reaction score
Maybe they moved them to the east stand?

Woodbridge_Heights

Member Bio
Reaction score
It appears they have removed suites on both ends of that West stand. Was that ever mentioned in the renovation plans?
Likely they were removed to accomodate the new wrap around concourse. A number of suites are being to the East side so I doubt there is an overall decrease in number of suites...

Marko

Member Bio
Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking it's a bit odd to not have a single diagonal support for the whole upper deck? Not that we get quakes or anything, but with thousands of fans possibly moving around, even some tension cables running up to those corners would provide some lateral resistance...

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
They are adding an elevator to the top area.

They have added extra stairs all around.

Less than 50% of the new seats were in place when I saw it on April 4

Lot more up on site

wopchop

Building Toronto
Member Bio
Reaction score
delayed only in the technical sense. From a public/user perspective, May 10th is the target and they stated that they will make that date. In fact, until today, I don't think anyone outside of MLSE knew there was an internal date of May 1 that they were actually shooting for.
Obviously they will be ready for the home opener, but delayed is delayed. There are clearly items that are a part of Phase 1 that they intended to be completed before the stadium was put into use for the year. There is nothing technical about that.

No surprise that one of those items is an elevator, which no one in Ontario seems to know how to schedule or budget for.

TOareaFan

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Obviously they will be ready for the home opener, but delayed is delayed. There are clearly items that are a part of Phase 1 that they intended to be completed before the stadium was put into use for the year. There is nothing technical about that.

No surprise that one of those items is an elevator, which no one in Ontario seems to know how to schedule or budget for.
Maybe i missed it...but where does it say that any of the bits they planned for in phase I will not be there by May 10? I read that they won't be done on May 1...but that, to the public is a meaningless (and previously unknown) target/deadline. That is what I meant by technical. If, in fact, May 10th's opening is going to be missing bits then, yes, I agree.

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

wopchop

Building Toronto
Member Bio
Reaction score
Maybe i missed it...but where does it say that any of the bits they planned for in phase I will not be there by May 10? I read that they won't be done on May 1...but that, to the public is a meaningless (and previously unknown) target/deadline. That is what I meant by technical. If, in fact, May 10th's opening is going to be missing bits then, yes, I agree.
It was tweeted today by a few reporters at the site visit that the new elevators won't be done.

Judging by that photo that drum posted, there is no way that elevator will be done by May 10. Maybe I will eat my words, but I would be extremely shocked.