Toronto Bloor Street Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Bloor-Yorkville BIA | architectsAlliance

Be careful what you wish for. You mean you want to live in a dictatorship that thinks like YOU do

well the problem is for every Augustus and Trajan, you get ten Nero's and Caligula's... ;)

I suspect the collective problem is all their customers going "how come Holts got valet parking and you guys didn't?"

I don't see why these retailers are complaining.. Business will be much better once Bloor becomes a destination avenue... I'd expect them, out of all people, to be the most supportive of this revitalization.

Many of these businesses are second grade retailers.

There is a good chance of these folks leaving because they cannot afford the lease -- especially if their contract is based on local market rates.

The true winner is the guy that negotiated fixed rate or CPI based increases and has sublease rights.

What's the deal with that parking lot anyway? Seems like a prime spot for a developer to snap up. I'm surprised it hasn't been sold yet. I wonder if the hospital next door has some say in the matter.

I've always wondered about that parking lot too... but that is the only parking for that hospital... it's a gross lot.

The red mobile - some sort of passport office - doesn't help. Why would the city grant a permit for that eyesore?

The red mobile - some sort of passport office - doesn't help. Why would the city grant a permit for that eyesore?
I doubt they have a permit - they parked it a while ago outside the Passport Office on Victoria Street (in lot at Victoria and Richmond) but were forced to move by the City. I suspect it is worth their while parking illegally because the City is slow to find them and then probably has to give the x days notice.

Looks like work has started on this project. The north side of Bloor just east of Yonge is blocked off, and a good chunk of the asphalt is gone. With the 1 Bloor demo going on across the street, the whole place looks like a warzone.

wow...drove by yesterday...with 1 Bloor East and Bloor street revitalization project area looks like war zone.

Happy to see this project is moving so fast.

Back