Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

I don't know if we still need to be competing like this. Both CASA and pepper79's above posts sound like elementary students at recess... sorry but I had to point it out.

I am sure we all hope that regardless of which building people live in, they are happy there. :)

Redroom's stellar photo above really highlights just how butt-ugly BSN has turned out to be. The moment I saw the first piece of small-town-forest-green clinging to the building I just knew it.

And the pressing question really is: What on earth is taking so long??? It's gotta be some kind of a record.

From design to execution: just a huge embarrassment all around.

It's no secret who'll win the best and worst new building awards next season: They're both pictured above.

Murano and X will provide good competition if they both qualify as completed projects, specifically referring to X. It's hard to tell today with X being several months behind where Casa is but I think I'd have a tough time choosing between X and Casa (Murano a close 3rd). For Casa it's going to come down to how the lobby works out, which I have every confidence will be brilliant given the design and execution of the rest of the building.

/\
o%27reilly1220541851.jpg

Arrrg!

You are right, Casa will win worst building of the year award hands-down since it is just a tall, uninspired piece of glass that only pompous idiots would want to live in and BSN will win the award for the best building since it actually has character and personality.

Who'd be the jurors?

cletus-1.jpg

Certainly not
lisa_rochon_headsh_6741gm-c.jpg

or

20090129_Living_City_CHume_OCAD.jpg

or

richards.jpg

or

baird.gif

or

PhyllisLambert2.jpg

You probably don't even know who any of them are, besides "pompous idiots".

I know the others who is the first lady??

You mean Lisa-the-ROM-is-violent-embodiment-of-Libeskind's-continuing-struggle-with-the-holocaust-Rochon.

Though Up North is more balanced and, in places, actually quite good.

I've always been more partial to JBM.

john_bentley.jpg

The developer supposedly ran out of money.

I find it quite humorous when people post comments like "the developer ran out of money". Thanks for your investigative reporting Ramako but you might want to check your facts. Unfortunately, you have just lost all of your credibility since you are WRONG! What is your next post going to be? Michael Jackson is now god?

I went by BSN yesterday and saw at least 20 workers on the site so can we officially stop these stupid posts about the project being cancelled or the developer running out of money. These are baseless rumours being spread by people who don't like BSN. If I was the administrator, I would ban someone from Ramako from ever posting again since he lacks credibility or integrity in making comments like that. Shame on you!

Pepper, please make your points with a little more restraint.

I find it quite humorous when people post comments like "the developer ran out of money". Thanks for your investigative reporting Ramako but you might want to check your facts. Unfortunately, you have just lost all of your credibility since you are WRONG! What is your next post going to be? Michael Jackson is now god?

I went by BSN yesterday and saw at least 20 workers on the site so can we officially stop these stupid posts about the project being cancelled or the developer running out of money. These are baseless rumours being spread by people who don't like BSN. If I was the administrator, I would ban someone from Ramako from ever posting again since he lacks credibility or integrity in making comments like that. Shame on you!

Wow, lighten up Francis. It's just a pile of bricks, not a person. There's no need to throw a throw a hissy fit.

I said that the project supposedly ran out of money because just a few pages back in this very thread, someone who did indeed claim to be in-the-know claimed that Cresford had ran out of money. For some reason the original post has been removed (which I just now noticed) but you can see the resulting conversation starting here.

Thanks, but I'll take credibility lessons from people on this forum who actually have some.

You write like a 14 year old kid sticking up for your dad. (Which, given that your only participation in UT thus far has been in this thread, may very well be the case.)

without the intent to spread any rumours ... it is indeed a very valid question to ask:

WHAT ON EARTH IS TAKING CRESFORD SO LONG TO FINISH OFF BSN ?? the balconies have remained in its current state for quite a while with no railing installation in sight ~

Bsn

without the intent to spread any rumours ... it is indeed a very valid question to ask:

WHAT ON EARTH IS TAKING CRESFORD SO LONG TO FINISH OFF BSN ?? the balconies have remained in its current state for quite a while with no railing installation in sight ~

From the outside it may look a long time, but if you ask a project manager you will discover that work on the inside takes time as well and that the PM may shift workers as required.

The fact that balconies are not finished means nothing. Look at the new Success, or Luna, balconies are not complete but they are working indoors now.

Hope that puts you at ease.

This topic was raised some time ago on this thread. It was noted at the time that CASA, with its large workforce, was doing interior work at the same time as the main structural work, whereas BSN, with its much smaller workforce, was concentrating its workers on the structural work, leaving the interior unfinished. The inevitable result was that now almost all the interior work is still to be done, hence the apparent lack of progress.

Bill

Back