Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

Here's a pic I took a couple weeks ago... It has X condo in the background (lower right corner)

3857228708_dacf2df97c_b.jpg

This is my first picture post not on skyscraperpage so I'm a noob to UT...

Peace :)

Thats the most flattering picture i've seen of BSN in a long time - since the green cladding & horizontal beige precast inbetween floors went up, that ruined it for me.
It actually looks ok in that view.

btw welcome to ut steveve

I dont know... while it may not be the best looking building the area, -it certainly isnt the ugliest.
Just my opinion of course, -but I like the looks of BSN a heck of a lot more than 500 Sherbourne.

I dont know... while it may not be the best looking building the area, -it certainly isnt the ugliest.
Just my opinion of course, -but I like the looks of BSN a heck of a lot more than 500 Sherbourne.

I agree. BSN has issues but I don't think it's as bad as many make it out to be. So far, I also prefer it to 500.

I could have missed it but I can't recall walking by and not seeing workers on site.

Those saying that Cresford is not going to finish BSN should be banned from this forum as they are spreading lies, it simply is not true. Why spread such a rumour without any proof or cold-hard facts! Shame, shame!

And can we stop the BSN bashing here, this is a great building with great floorplans, amenities, location and finishes. I can't believe people would say this building is crap because they disagree with the colour of the windows or the colour of the brick. That stuff is personal preference but that kind of argument literally is judging a book by its cover! Of course, the aesthetics of the building are important and some people like myself think this building has a lot more chracter than the all glass Casa but my complaint about Casa isn't really the exterior, it is the really bad idea for the amenities (an outdoor pool and patio for year round use in Toronto? BAD IDEA!)

Let's try to add a little more depth to our arguments on this forum instead of saying things like that brick is ugly so BSN is crap. That is an argument a five year old would make.

BSN Forever!

500 beats out BSN and it's not even close IMO... I also don't think 500 is anything special.

And can we stop the BSN bashing here, this is a great building with great floorplans, amenities, location and finishes. I can't believe people would say this building is crap because they disagree with the colour of the windows or the colour of the brick. That stuff is personal preference but that kind of argument literally is judging a book by its cover! Of course, the aesthetics of the building are important and some people like myself think this building has a lot more chracter than the all glass Casa but my complaint about Casa isn't really the exterior, it is the really bad idea for the amenities (an outdoor pool and patio for year round use in Toronto? BAD IDEA!)

Let's try to add a little more depth to our arguments on this forum instead of saying things like that brick is ugly so BSN is crap. That is an argument a five year old would make.

BSN Forever!

I have to say, unlike many others who chose to attack you for it, I admire your enthusiasm. You make a good argument about there being more to what makes a building great other than just its exterior. Unfortunately most of us on this forum will never live in BSN yet alone step foot within the building. So the only way we can judge it is by its exterior appearance.
Normally I prefer faux art-deco buildings over plain glass boxes and I preferred BSN over Casa right up until the green cladding went up. Unfortunately those colors just don't do it for me. Our preferences are clearly different in that way. But I even if I don’t think so, I can understand how someone would like this building.
But then there are forum members, to whom if a building doesn't cater to their narrow tastes, it's a complete disaster and should basically be torn down asap.

The reason why BSN in the above pic doesn't look as wretched is because you can't quite make out the green. It's somewhat more tolerable the darker and further away from green you go.

I believe my first comment many pages back when we first saw the green was "Uh oh." I stand by my original pre-judgement. It turned out exactly as I imagined it would.

BSN's green glass colour was never an issue for me.

What I don't like is the lack of good detail of any kind, but more than anything, how when you walk by, the sun lights up the precast so that it looks like chipboard-- little woodchips reflecting the sun. Yuck.

I much prefer 500 Sherbourne-- as someone said, it's nothing special-- but it doesn't offend and is proportionate. It also has a contemporary feel and is less awkward in its siteplan, although it isn't in the same urban position that BSN is.

Sept. 13th

In the photos below you can see work is progressing with the drywalling and such in the lower suites. I also managed to finally get a couple of good photos of that freaky, glittery precast being such a sunny, clear day today.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

That particle board really sparkles in the sun! Oh, wait...

LMAO...sad but true.

Awesome pics! You can actually see inside it looks like from here...I'm guessing you took from the top of the green P. Too bad CASA has too much glare to see inside.

Back