Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

Actually, I wonder if this one sets a record in Toronto for the longest development cycle (from proposal to completion). Metropolis was 9 years (1998-2007?), and this one was 7 years as BSN (2003-2010) and it was previously marketed as Avanti, wasn't it?

I thought the development on Bayview and Finch took the longest? Didn't it change hands like five million times? I was in ELEMENTARY SCHOOL when they tore down the trees next to Blessed Trinity School (this would be in the mid-to-late 80s). I recall a sales office for a "mature lifestyle" type building, but it soon shut down and nothing was done there for years. I don't think any kind of building was complete until 2000 or so. Or am I incorrect?

4226580016_2bd863b2c4_b.jpg

4225813065_6cbc6f4e92_b.jpg

in absence of the forest green spandrel panels (poor color choice perhaps?) I can come to terms with BSN, the precast doesn't bother me all that much ... in fact I for one liked the original proposal, which now only represents the lower half (terracing portion) of the current building ~

The tower portion would have been much better off without the balconies. Its slenderness would have been accentuated and would have made a better match with Crystal Blu over yonder.

When a condo (or another building) is built up against its west elevation, this project will make alot more sense. It's just that west-facing wall that is begggging to have something built against it.

Also, any other precast would have been better. This stuff looks like chipboard.

Otherwise, it does its job and it means more people in the area. Hopefully the build quality of the interiors is solid.

Jan 16-10

The north side has yet to see balcony. Very few balcony's are missing from the 9 floor down on the other 3 sides.
IMG_jan-16-10-0138.jpg

Someone has moved in along with a few others on the lower floors.
IMG_jan-16-10-0139.jpg

IMG_jan-16-10-0127.jpg

IMG_jan-16-10-0156.jpg

IMG_jan-16-10-0119.jpg

But are they gonna paint the balcony undersides? We'll find out when the weather warms up....

Looks like not, it would have been done or at least started by now :(

Brutal. Ugliest building since RoCP.

Agreed. This anonymous precast slab makes me wish it was actually another one of the 4.7 million all glass towers currently proposed, under construction or recently completed in this city.

This thing belongs hidden away somewhere, maybe out near the Scarborough Town Centre. I know the city doesn't really have much power over the design and materials of new buildings, but they really need to find a way to demand better for its residents and its future.

I disagree. I think this building, other than the small base that faces Casa, isn't that bad looking. Consider the era when this development was conceived--Spire hadn't even been launched yet, 18 Yorkville was seen as "risky" by developers from an architectural pov. Sales launched in 2003, which means this building's concept was first proposed c.2000. It's not as ugly as WHC, or as generic-looking as WPC or even some CP buildings. It fills negative space, while Casa occupies positive space. That doesn't mean BSN is worthy of being repeated--hell no! Its solid mass really solidifies the B/Y area imho, and now we can look forward to some lighter buildings to fill in the remaining space.

Last edited:
I disagree. I think this building, other than the small base that faces Casa, isn't that bad looking. Consider the era when this development was conceived--Spire hadn't even been launched yet, 18 Yorkville was seen as "risky" by developers from an architectural pov. Sales launched in 2003, which means this building's concept was first proposed c.2000. It's not as ugly as WHC, or as generic-looking as WPC or even some CP buildings. It fills negative space, while Casa occupies positive space. That doesn't mean BSN is worthy of being repeated--hell no! Its solid mass really solidifies the B/Y area imho, and now we can look forward to some lighter buildings to fill in the remaining space.

I agree with you UD...I don't think it is quite as bad as many are suggesting.....4.5/10...

Have you seen it in person? It's a sight to behold. Believe me. Pure drek.

Back