Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

out off all things that are wrong on BSN ... greenleaf's photo illustates the worst element of them all, the forest green spandrel panels + window frames !! yuk ~ :mad: (and yet it spans the entire north elevation in the tower)

Honestly guys, it's not all that bad. It looks pretty good if you squint, turn around and imagine that it's an entirely different building. And hey, it's got the one up on Casa regarding the perks of living in it; you don't have to look at it, unlike poor Casa residents.

LOL egotrippin ... I guess that's a good optimist way of looking at a bad situation (don't look at BSN, instead look from BSN) ~ ;)

Please give the BSN bashing a rest for a bit.

Difficulties at the site aside, how could Cresford run out of money on one project and still be building elsewhere? I know that each building is constructed on a separate loan, but if one of their structures was as near to completion as BSN is, don't you think they'd do everything in their power to save it?

I'd expect another developer to come along and buy the project. Let's hope they'll replace the cladding to make the building more appealing to buyers.

I'd expect another developer to come along and buy the project. Let's hope they'll replace the cladding to make the building more appealing to buyers.

The average purchaser doesn't care about a mediocre looking building from the outside. This building has an above average to good selection of functional & livable floorplans, great amenities and a dynamite location. If Cresford is unable to complete this no developer is going to be changing the brick or cladding that some of us are not so fond of. They'll push to move remaining suites and rush the exterior and interiors to completion to recoup their investment and turn a profit.

I hate to rain on your parade but Cresford has run out of money on this project and the contractor and trades have left the site twice recently. Unless they can sell more units (good luck!) then they can't get more financing to finish the building.

I thought they were almost completely sold out?

Check out Mode, Stratford in Lawrence Park, Merton Yonge condo and related lawsuits with lenders, contractors, and trades. If one project has met its financing cap and is also a breakeven or loss project then Cresford has to put equity in (which it doesn't have). Casa and NXT should be OK but everything else is going down including BSN. Cresford is a house of cards.

while i don't have any love/contempt for this project and cresford has one of the worst reputations as a builder, do you have anything to back up your statements?

Back