Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

A bit of a change of topic but I am really curious what everyone's thoughts are on this as it impacts BSN and Casa - how does everyone feel about the proximity of these 2 condos to the Brass Rail strip club? Does having the condos close to a strip club hurt their value at all? Are there any safety and security issues to worry about by living that close to the strip club? For people that are moving into either building that have kids, does this worry you at all?

It is a topic I have not seen discussed and I was pretty curious to see what everyone thinks about this one

Doubt it. It's a strip club, not a homeless shelter--and in that area, there's soooo much else that's countervailing on the location's behalf...

BSN; Casa
rabbit-seasoning-mm.jpg

If I had children I'd have no concerns about a strip club, in fact I think it could be a turned into a positive experience for kids having one of those places in the neighbourhood. Why are people so uptight about nudity or erotic dancing? I would want my children to be at ease with their bodies at as young an age as possible along with being educated and responsible with sex as they enter the adult stage of their life. Maybe that's just me.
My only issue with the Brass Rail (and neighbouring retail) is the messy appearance and the often smelly laneway on the side of the building facing Charles Street.

Doubt it. It's a strip club, not a homeless shelter--and in that area, there's soooo much else that's countervailing on the location's behalf...

I agree. And there is also a shelter on Charles East immediately next door to Casa and across from BSN (http://www.sanctuarytoronto.ca). I think that buyers know they're buying into a diverse urban neighbourhood.

I don't think it's a homeless shelter, it's more of a drop-in centre.

Oh, so that's why I keep running into men with flushed, swollen, pockmarked faces drinking Listerine in that park next to the church. Diverse neighbourhood indeed.

Last edited:
BSN=4th best highrise building built in the Yonge and Bloor neighbourhood:

#1: CASA
#2: Manulife
#3: 2 Bloor St West
#4: BSN.

Not bad actually.

What ? Uptown + Crystal Blu doesn't even make the cut ?? :p

BSN=4th best highrise building built in the Yonge and Bloor neighbourhood:

#1: CASA
#2: Manulife
#3: 2 Bloor St West
#4: BSN.

Not bad actually.

If we were only comparing those 4 buildings (and nothing else), then yes, -I'd agree with that ranking.

I strolled past this large, ungainly hulk on Saturday. There are dimpled doodads on the north side that look like giant nipples. I don't object in principle to adorning buildings with fake body parts if there's a reason to do so, but these things are entirely gratuitous. And they've got vertical creases - a butt-crack-meets-mammary-gland pippypoo combo that's most disturbing. The south wall of Commerce Court North displays a couple of magnificent bronze nipples, and I have no problem with an art deco building swiping breast imagery as decoration, but BSN isn't a product of the 1930s.

Back